Rafiq Elmansy is an Adobe community professional,user group manager, Adobe certified expert, friend of Icograda, designer, instructor, and book author in the design and Adobe productions. His experience includes 12 years in creative design production, management, and training. Currently, he is managing his own design studio (http://www.pixelconsultations.com) and works as Adobe prerelease community manager for Adobe ME products.
He is also writing books about design and technology for FocalPress, O'Reilly and Wiley:
- Illustrator Foundations (http://bit.ly/AI-CS6), published by FocalPress, November 5th, 2012.
- Photoshop 3D for Animators (http://bit.ly/PS-3D), published by FocalPress, November 18th, 2010.
- Photoshop 3D for Animators (Japanese version) by Born Digital (http://www.borndigital.co.jp/book/detail.php?id=221).
- Quick Guide to Flash Catalyst (http://bit.ly/FlashCata), published by O’Reilly Media, August 18th, 2011.
Also, Rafiq is writing tutorials and articles for Adobe Inspire magazine, Communitymx.com, Graphicdesign.com, Activetuts, and his worldwide known design blog (http://www.graphicmania.net). Here are some samples of his articles:
He used to write Adobe certification practice for uCertify.com.
Rafiq is a speaker and trainer about design, technology and Adobe tools, and he spoke in different events and sessions in both English and Arabic such as Adobe user group meetings, Hawaii user group, Armenia user group, and universities in Cairo.
In addition to the above, he is a jury member of many design contests such as Adobe Design Achievements, Poster For Tomorrow, and the Annual Design Award.
- Jury board member, Adobe Design Achievement Award ADAA 2012
- Judging member, Annual Design Awards (http://www.annualdesignawards.com/the-jury-2012.html)
- Icograda mentor (Illustration), Adobe Design Achievement Award ADAA 2011
• Friend of ICOGRADA (International Council of Graphic Design Associations) • Adobe community expert • Adobe user group manager • Adobe Contributor writer • Adobe Certified Expert