Dec 2005 - Present (15 years 11 months)
Founded independent design studio, Red Dog Run Design, to serve retailers,
manufacturers and marketing agencies in the area of product design and development.
Focused on creating trend-forward product solutions based on market and material
insight. Product categories include lighting, furniture, electronic accessories, frames,
clocks, textiles, package design, wall decor, toys, bath and general home décor.
• Direct and design lighting and furniture for Hudson & Canal. Designed
+500 styles to date of table, floor and pendant lamps, as well as occasional
furniture, bookcases and media cabinets. (2017 - Present)
• Designed portable and hardwire lighting for Emily Schuman’s Cupcakes and
Cashmere. Designed +50 styles based on celebrity stylist’s brand direction and
emerging trend analysis. (2014 - 2019)
• Designed multiple outdoor furniture collections for E.D. Ellen Degeneres.
Partnered with entertainers design team and domestic manufacturer to reimagine
outdoor living for a diverse audience. (2014 - 2016)
• Designed and managed trend direction for Zeev Lighting. Designed multiple
collections of chandeliers and pendant lights for New York based luxury crystal
lighting company. (2015 - 2019)
• Awarded multiple design patents for Masonite interior doors (2016 - 2019),
Arm & Hammer Fresh n’ Go products (2011) as well as Carlisle modular
Partial client list includes Lowe’s, Land’s End, Target, Best Buy, Nordstrom,
DwellStudio, Joss & Main, Crate & Barrel, Pier One, Arm & Hammer, Bed Bath &
Beyond, Masonite, Costco, Sam’s Club, Walmart, Real Simple Magazine, Hudson
& Canal, Wayfair, Cupcakes and Cashmere, E.D. Ellen Degeneres.
Minneapolis, United States
Apr 2004 - Nov 2005 (1 year 7 months)
Designer for Target’s Home Décor Division
• Lead trend-driven D65 Gift area of emerging styles for home.
• Synchronized with department managers and designers to conceive and design new product based on identified trends and Target brand initiatives.
• Presented proposed direction to executives, merchants, sourcing team and external vendors.
• Extensive international travel to develop and source product including China, India, Europe and Mexico.
Design Captain, Hardlines Home Décor Division, Vintage Modern Thomas O’Brien
• Represented and managed of external designer’s brand collection to executives, merchants and marketing team.
• Directed brand mission within home decor, table top, lighting and furniture. More than 500 different products were created for launch.
Design Captain, annual summer theme, "So Hot, Way Cool"
• Presented and lead supporting design and merchant groups with product and graphic design, color and trend direction. Product line consisted of roughly 250 home products, including toys, camping equipment, textiles and cross-branded product with national vendors such as Weber Grill, Hamilton Beach, Rival and Sunbeam. Over $500 million in sales.
Trend Captain, Home Décor
• Evaluated and surveyed international and domestic retailers, trend services (WGSN), industry showrooms and exhibits (Mason Objet).
• Presented researched data and direction to entire design Home division, including merchant and executive groups.
Minneapolis, United States
Sep 1997 - Mar 2004 (6 years 6 months)
Designer, Frank Lloyd Wright Gallery
• Utilized the American icon’s personal sketches provided by the Wright Foundation to create new product designs for Home Décor. Table Top, and Textiles.
• Submitted more than 50 qualifying concept sketches to obtain foundation approval for product development with FLW trademark.
• Product designs include: Little House Tea Light Holder, Desktop Pewter Box, Desktop Easel Frame and Marin County Dinnerware. Marshall Field’s manufactured eight designs for sale, now owned by the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation.