Pulling from wide ranging interests, no two assignments are alike. Uncommon. Custom. Solutions. I work to find custom visual solutions that communicate effectively and have visual impact.
• Art Students League of Denver, "Moveable Medley", Book Arts Group Show. Denver, CO
• Michael Good Gallery, "Structure & Narrative II", Midcoast Book Arts Show. Rockport, ME
• Camden Library "Structure & Narrative", Virtual Exhibition. https://wwßw.librarycamden.org/event/structure-and-narrative/
• University of Oxford Bodleian Library Special Collections 'Very Like a Whale' Extract #64 Letterpress Broadsheet with Isobel Lewis to commemorate Melville's 200th birthday.
• Point Betsie Lighthouse Photography Exhibition, Group Show, Frankfort, MI
• Green Mountain College Group Exhibition: Printmaking in Nature - Prints & Books Poultney, VT
• Camden Library Group Exhibition- Book Arts: Maine Artists - Haiku Alphabet Zoo, Camden, ME
• Artistree Gallery — New England juried show Unbound, Vol. VIII - The Stream (award winner). Pomfret, VT
• The Center for Book Arts Member Exhibit: Opulence: Not Everything that Glitters is Gold. NYC, NY
• Cyr & Roux Int'l Art— Capturing Light Juried Show, Painting Standing Guard. Portland, ME
Maine Media College + Workshops Book Artist in Residence - Summer 2015
Business Insider Feature Article, www.businessinsider.com/the-work-of-richard-reitz-smith-2014-7
Land Marks — Nature as Metaphor, Bangor Public Library, ME— Solo Exhibition 2014
MyPitch.com — International packaging/branding competition for Hénaff Charcuterie of France. 2013
Maine Ad Club—2009 Silver- Packaging. 2009
Maine Ad Club—2009 Bronze-Logo. 2009
Maine Ad Club—2007 Bronze- Calendar. 2007
Second Big Book of Logos-10 logos. 2000
Graphic Design:USA2000, 1999 & 1998-Excellence for Wine promotions.
Beverage & Food Advertising Awards-CDROM design. 1998