Senior Executive - Design (Girls wear)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Jan 2014 - Present (7 years 3 months)
• Have to manage the team of 4 designers. Closely monitoring the designers in executing the tasks in the given timeframe. Scheduled Team Review meetings and performance audit every quarter to improve deliverables
• Responsible for managing the design process from conception through to final styling for assigned product category
• Responsible for product design process to include market research, conceptual presentations, design and guidance through fabric, print, spec and fit processes
• Very strong in creating Licensed brand ranges like Disney, Hello Kitty and Tweety
• Provides insight regarding style and fit of product during presentation
• Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy
• Seasonal travel for research and/or product development may be required
• Work with the buyers to analyse feedback from customers, monitor sales and identify the best-selling pieces, to ensure all products within the category exceed customer expectations and maximise sales and profit potential
• Conduct regular store visits in order to gain valuable consumer feedback
• Ensure all deadlines are achieved for designs to be approved on time and ensuring all artworks are sent to suppliers on time in line with the critical path
• Responsible to ensure design packages are complete and accurate
• Responsible for researching markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc
• Provides direction for prints, graphics, fabric and trim selection
• Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc
Senior Fashion Designer (TL)
Sep 2012 - Jun 2013 (9 months)
Have to manage the team of 5 designers and plan the work flow. Product category (Salwar suits, Lehenga Choli, Designer Blouses). Responsible for the fit and aesthetic of the products. Guiding the other departments in terms of design. Planning for the execution of order to dispatch on time. Closely monitoring the designers in executing the oreders in the given timeframe. Scheduled Team Review meetings and performance audit every week. Coordinating with Customer Engagement team and production teams for on-time shipments. Product development on specific customer requests where design inputs are required, on styling/Trims or both.
Assistant Manager – Designing
Roverco Apparel Company– Rattha Group
Jun 2011 - Jul 2012 (1 year 1 month)
Have to give briefs and directions to the designers for concepts, shapes, colors and prints with reference to buyer’s trend book. Develop seasonal collections for European buyers (M&S, Next, F&F, Joe fresh, TU, Fatface). Have to plan and execute the proto samples for the tech pack styles within deadline. Have to do the layouts of visual merchandising for buyer meetings based on their stories and trends. Trend partner: Fashionsnoops.com.
Senior Fashion Designer
Opus Fashions Pvt. Ltd
May 2007 - Feb 2011 (3 years 9 months)
Conceptualized the women’s / Kid’s Lounge wear and casual wear. Categorized the Lounge wear according to the market drive. Introduced a new category of Novelty tops for Women who are working and engaged in various activities. Involved in various departments related to design like Sourcing, Embroidery and Production to streamline the process. Introduced new methods and strategies for working in all areas including design.
Megha Apparels India Pvt Ltd, Tirupur
Jul 2005 - Mar 2007 (1 year 8 months)
Developed a range of Kids wear (Girls: 4-12 yrs) and Women’s Casual wear for “Lasenza girl” UK. Managed pattern making and sampling follow ups. Involved in inventing new printing and embroidery techniques.