Senior Manager Global Packaging & Business Partnerships
Johnson&Johnson Vision Care
Mar 2016 - Present (6 years 3 months)
Director for the $4.5B Vision Care platform branding revitalization initiatives.
Senior Manager of Global Packaging & Business Partnerships.
Lead director of creative content for a diverse range of labeling, packaging and digital artwork for Johnson & Johnson.
• Major contributor to 9 consecutive quarters of growth for franchise providing needed stabilization and innovative new product development
into the category.
• Rebranded a $4.5B ACUVUE contact lens portfolio including overall branding, eCommerce, digital artwork, and 2 and 3D design with new, fully-polished identity, impactful packaging across distinct global markets allowing for regional adaptation.
• Created new packaging design structures to include sustainability and brand protection from counterfeiting.
• Devised new structural primary and secondary structures to provide a quality interface, less materials, and ease of use with recyclability.
• Implemented a strategic design process providing all milestones in the packaging development from concept to completion.
• Delivered brand strategy and execution for newly acquired ophthalmic solutions and IOL surgery equipment to integrate with the
Vision Care Platform.
• Winner of 4 Earthwards Awards for creating sustainable practices across product packaging portfolio.
• Recipient of the J&J Illumination Award given to one employee each year for leadership, insight, and innovation.
Creative Director Global Package Design
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare One Giralda Farms
Feb 2011 - Feb 2016 (5 years)
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare 2008 – 2015
Creative Lead for one of the largest Consumer healthcare companies in the world with a global footprint in more than 90 countries.
Headed design initiatives on global consumer brands and provided creative expertise to executive management team. Designed and delivered structural and branded innovative packaging development. Generated creative strategy for consumer research translating insights into impactful brand packaging.
• Fueled double digit growth and deep market penetration across the brands portfolio.
• Reorganized internal structure of department leading design and delivery of branded, innovative packaging.
• Collaborated with diverse, cross-functional teams and built internal group capabilities and lead external agencies’ creative development • Directed continuous innovation platforms for brand growth stretching into new products and affiliate markets.
• Successfully launched new consumer products for the sports, respiratory, biomedical, and nutritional supplement categories on global basis.
• Catalyst for increasing market performance ROI for all Pfizer consumer brands- 6 brands experiencing 4-6% growth, ad additional 4 brands
up 3 points market share.
• Single Recipient of the 2015 W.E. Upjohn Award for demonstrated exceptional performance and daily leadership.
Creative Director Global Branding
Merck & Co Inc.
North Wales, PA
Sep 2007 - Mar 2011 (3 years 6 months)
Merck & Company, Inc. 2007– 2011
Led Global Branding initiatives for one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
Creative Director of Global Branding
Headed marketing communication team toward high levels of competency to provide strategic designs and productive communication platforms engaging both consumers and professionals in the industry. As the “Go To” Thought Leader, inspired and guided design teams to innovative and highly creative brand solutions across multiple platforms i.e. mobile apps, structural and graphic packaging, print, DTC, U/I, motion/film, and convention environments. ACHIEVEMENT HIGHLIGHTS:
• Fueled double digit growth and deep market penetration on a brand portfolio worth $6B
• Utilized discovery-driven planning and design strategy to pilot new business ventures. Enabled subsidiary with distinct market offering and branding platform creating corporate funding for the startup.
• Directed multiple branding initiatives and product launches for professional and consumer-based portfolio of brands.
• Collaborated with marketing partners and directed external creative agencies to highly successful multichannel communication and productive output.
• Earned 36 Awards of Excellence; 9 Special Achievement Awards; and 6 Merck Marketing Awards over tenure with firm.
Executive Creative Director
Sep 2004 - Aug 2007 (2 years 11 months)
Anthem Worldwide 2004– 2007
Headed creative direction, brand strategy, and new business development for this global branding firm with 14 worldwide locations and F100 clients in the areas of brand identity, corporate communications, consumer packaging, POS, and structural design.
Executive Creative Director
Positioned new agency to substantive global presence and continued growth. Streamlined workflows resulting in significantly increased efficiency combined with high caliber designs. Hired, organized, mentored, and led design teams for both East and West Coast offices.
• Generated 25% increase in agency fiscal growth in first year of tenure.
• Revitalized several global brands, increased market penetration, provided product diversification, and expanded ROI.
• Presented creative strategy and concepts to clientele; hired, organized, mentored, and managed a staff of 42 in New Jersey and 12 in California.
• Successfully launched multiple global consumer design initiatives across categories of confection, house wares, personal care, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and hard-goods channels.
• Clients included: Masterfoods USA Confections & Pet Care Brands; Johnson & Johnson Consumer Brands; Campbell’s; Pepperidge Farm;
and Glaxo Smith Kline Consumer Brands.
• Honored with numerous accolades from clients and the Communication Design Industry.
Group Design Director
The Bailey Group
Plymouth Meeting, PA
Jun 2000 - Sep 2004 (4 years 3 months)
The Bailey Group 2000– 2004
Directed all design matters for this interdisciplinary brand strategy, design, digital media, and experience agency serving F100 firms.
Group Design Director
Led creative direction, provided strategic guidance, and ensured new business development. Directed brand strategy and design initiatives
for identity development, packaging, and structural design of FMCGs. Managed market research development and P&L stewardship.
Assembled and led select creative teams and managed staff of 24. Directed strategic design and successful launch of several global and
national branding initiatives.
• Enabled 30% overall business growth through active relationship building and cultivation, channel knowledge, and open collaboration
• Authored and implemented The Performance Branding Process™ agency business platform for successful integration of technology,
marketing, and design strategies. Firm subsequently became Agency of Record for 3 largest accounts.
• Established mentoring program to nurture talent and enable actionable and mutual goals for personal and professional growth of
individual team members.
• Clientele included: Johnson & Johnson Global Brands, H.J. Heinz, Merial Pharmaceuticals, McNeil Healthcare, Schering-Plough
Pharmaceuticals, Welch’s, Lowes, Home Depot, Robert Bosch and the Coca-Cola Company.
Libby Perszyk Kathman (LPK)
Jan 1996 - Jun 2000 (4 years 5 months)
Libby Perszyk Kathman (LPK), Design Director, 1996–2000: Creative lead and collaborator with The Kobe, Japan office to head and produce consumer packaging for agency’s largest client. Revitalized affiliate global brands, increased market penetration and share, and provided product diversification. Clients included: Proctor & Gamble Global Brands (Pampers, Pringles, Olay, Crest, Vidal Sasson), Coleman, H.J. Heinz, Jack Daniels, 9 Lives, Hallmark, Ortho, and Sunbeam.