Group Manager - User Experience
Apr 2013 - Present (9 years 1 month)
• Define and implement the design process largely influenced by design thinking and lean design, building the UX team practice and culture from scratch for a group of market leader companies with more than 300 employees and 10 years of history (most of it without an UX practice).
• Lead creative sessions for project kick-offs
• Manage multiple projects from concept through completion
• Work with internal teams to generate ideas for new products and develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives and user's goals
• Establish creative direction for the entire line of online services and products of the group
• Provide quality control over concepts and projects
User Experience Lead
Nokia Institute of Technology
Apr 2012 - Mar 2013 (11 months)
I led a team of 16 usability specialists, interaction and visual designers developing projects for Nokia's mobile platforms that reach millions of users daily. The range of those projects went from mobile payment apps and games to strategic projects dealing with BI and logistic information for the production line of phones in Brazil.
User Experience Design Manager
Jun 2011 - Mar 2012 (9 months)
At Rapp Brazil I was responsible for all the UX Design projects for clients such as VW, Pepsi, Burger King, Bosch, Itau (the largest private bank in Brazil), Telefonica (Vivo), Navistar and many more. I managed and reviewed the work of a team of interaction designers and 3rd party companies, making sure that every detail took users and business goals into consideration.
Working with the creative team, I was responsible for many of the creative concepts presented by the agency concerning digital media on both pitches and account projects.
While working at Rapp I was also responsible for establishing the agency best practices for mobile design projects, gamification strategies and customer experience design.
User Experience Design Manager
SapientNitro (formerly iThink)
Jul 2010 - Dec 2010 (5 months)
Being the responsible for the agency's UX Team I had the opportunity to work with creative planning, service design, content strategy, gamification strategies and doing creative direction for clients such as Vivo, Bradesco, J&J, Telefonica, Ticket and many more.
UX Designer and Art Director
Jul 2007 - Jun 2010 (2 years 11 months)
Working with the company's CEO and CTO on projects such as Facebook apps and games, web apps and mobile (iPhone) aplications.
Feb 2006 - Oct 2006 (8 months)
- user experience design
- information architecture
- interaction design
- project management
- team management
Owner and Creative Director
2002 - 2006 (4 years)
I had my own studio working on projects like e-learning systems, websites, corporate portals and digital publications (yes, back in 2002 we were trying to change the way people read books).
Clients: Grendene, Plano Trio, Brinox, CCCEV, Cormark Inc.
Art Director & Information Architect
2001 - 2001
Led the Information Architecture efforts across the company.