2006 - 2017 (11 years)
• Developed the rebrand, new style guide and maintained the brand identity of the library.
• Lead creative direction and production of all interior signage, print materials, advertising.
• Managed and negotiated with vendors for all printing, signage and photography needs of the library.
• Worked extensively with the website team organizing the website architecture and providing graphics.
• Directed and designed an award-winning logo and brand identity for the library.
• Led the creative direction of 3 new bookmobile wraps resulting in a documented increase of visibility in the community.
• Initiated and led the creative direction to merge multiple departmental newsletters into a single publication. Combining publications saved the library printing, mailing and labor costs. Connect Now/Library News has been recognized with multiple awards by the American Advertising Federation of Topeka.
• Implemented four major design revisions to the library’s bi-monthly publication over a 10 year process. Negotiated print options, resulting in a much lower cost per piece and allowing the publication to grow from an internal distribution of 2,000 to a mailing of over 80,000.
1995 - 2006 (11 years)
• Concept and design of seasonal campaigns, free standing inserts, in-store signage, brochures and related promotional materials.
• Supervised reformatting of print materials in English, English/Spanish and French versions.
• Additional responsibilities included logo design, shoe box design, packaging design and internal corporate needs.
• Supervised photo direction of staff photographer, contract photographers, producers, location scouts, models and stylists.
• Supervised the work of junior creative, production assistants, final photo retouch and final assembly of print media
• Redesigned women’s shoe box graphics to consolidate multiple branded packaging designs into a single unit that was iconic, evoked the PSS brand, easily identified gender, shoe brand, shoe style and size. Worked with printer representatives from China to coordinate specifications and production. Resulting box design made for a less cluttered look in the stores, and clearly identified the women’s area.
• Was instrumental in evolving the photographic and creative direction of PSS to a more fashion forward, lifestyle brand, resulting in customer confidence that PSS was a great choice for affordable fashion footwear.
Designer / Production Artist
Kansas City, MO
1989 - 1995 (6 years)
• Opportunity to work for a nationally recognized, design-driven advertising agency with a variety of national and local clients such as Sprint, Hallmark Cards, Payless ShoeSource, Lee Jeans, The Des Moines Register, hospitals, shopping centers and restaurants.
• Projects varied from annual reports, posters, print advertising, packaging, signage, catalogs and logos.
• Co-designed and produced the Gift of Choice Catalogs For Hallmark Cards. Successful project for high profile client that exceeded their expectations.
• Created original wood cut illustration logo for Grand Street Cafe. Resulting logo was used on menus and marketing materials, garnering local and national awards.