Freelance Senior Designer
Orange County, CA
Oct 2019 - Present (1 year 9 months)
Design and merchandise loungewear for markets in women’s contemporary, plus size, men’s and kids. Serving contemporary and junior brand private label customers by design and developing trend-right product for fast pace chase business. Create fun and innovative all-over/ placed prints, graphics, embellishments, burnouts and washes suited for each customer’s aesthetic. Partners closely with production team to maintain price-point, tight deliveries and quality standards. Creates digital CADs and illustrations for line sheets for presentation boards. Along with Design Director, create concept and trend presentations to kick off each season.
Design and Product Development Manager
Dec 2015 - Jan 2019 (3 years 1 month)
Mentored a team of 8 which includes designers, spec technician, graphic artists, social media, pattern and sample makers. Developed trend-right product for fast-paced market, averaging 200 styles a month. Evolved brand direction image and product to align with shifting consumer trends while maintaining brand DNA. Researched and created concept, mood, print and design direction. Presented all current seasonal trends to sales directors, buyers, retailers, stylists and trade shows. Gave yearly appraisals, quarterly reviews, and regular one on one’s with each direct report. Managed multiple accounts including contemporary, junior, maternity, plus size and petite. Increased efficiency by implementing process and procedures for design, development, fabric and social media departments.
• Expanded assortment strategies, spearheading knits categories to include outerwear, streetwear, lifestyle, wear to work, date night, active, athleisure, lounge and mens activewear.
• Created best selling designs and reorders that had an upward trajectory, stabilizing Women’s business.
• Revived business in cardigans, tops and dress sales upwards of 75% profit from previous year.
• Reduced sample reiterations in half by improving tech pack quality and efficiently problem solving fit issues.
• Slashed stock yarns, fabric and trims by incorporating stock material for clients with smaller orders.
Fort Myers, FL
Dec 2013 - Dec 2015 (2 years)
Served as lead designer for jackets in sportswear, leather, performance, and outerwear. Mentored a team of 3. Worked closely with technical designers, sample makers and overseas team. Lead fittings to maintain fit, aesthetic and construction. Partnered with PD, merchandise and production partners to ensure price architecture is protected and IMU is met, while maintaining the elevated aesthetic of product.
• Implemented new and exciting business strategies to drive sales and increase customer acquisition.
• Increased sales up to 25% in Sportswear Jackets and Outerwear designs compared to previous year.
Bebe Stores, Inc.
Jan 2009 - Nov 2013 (4 years 10 months)
• Responsible for designing Sportswear Collection (Suits, Separates, Dresses, Bottoms, Skirts, Activewear, Athleisure (20-25 capsules per season, average 150+ styles/ month) to. Expanded business to include Outerwear, Leather and Streetwear.
• Turned Sportswear business from -15 comps to +25 comps within 6 months.
• Created all-time best selling work wear dresses, increasing company revenues by nearly $5,000,000.
• Increased sales 50% in Activewear from previous year.
• Mentored an associate designer and rotating 1-2 interns to execute all in-house and overseas development, tech packs and design process efficiently, while simultaneously working 3 seasons ahead. Worked closely with in-house pattern makers to achieve look and fit. Advised all specs and fit comments directly to overseas vendors. Drove all fittings. Approved all trims, lab dips and samples.