Freelance Textile CAD Designer
Apr 2019 - Present (3 years 1 month)
• Clean and color separate artwork, create repeats and colorways.
• Create mill ready art packages for multiple categories.
• Make revisions on prints based on the needs from internal and external partners.
• Assist with department needs to maintain color, print, and filled seasonal flat sketch libraries
Textile Print/Color Designer
Jul 2016 - Mar 2019 (2 years 8 months)
• Design and develop new textile prints, embroideries, and graphics for apparel products.
• Rework and recolor existing designs.
• Prepare art packages for vendor and mill submissions.
• Collaborate with Merchants, Sourcing, and Technical teams to ensure seasonal print and color
execution meets brand aesthetics.
• Analyze International trend and consumer forecasts to support print, pattern, and color
direction for multiple brands.
• Present trend direction, with the creation of visual materials, to Management, Merchants, and
• Create and coordinate trend product support materials for multiple department teams.
• Work with VP of Merchandising and Design, Divisional Merchandise Managers , and Designer to
purchase new artwork from print studios.
• Manage and coordinate print studio and freelance design during peak development.
• Maintain design archives, including seasonal color palette management.
Global Solutions Product Sample Coordinator
THE GEMGROUP INC.
Jul 2011 - Jun 2016 (4 years 11 months)
* Collaborated with Sourcing/Supply Chain, Design, and IT to implement standard process systems for sample development. * Brought product sample lead-time for 1st proof from 15 to 9.5 days by improving communication with overseas team. * Produced textile, construction, and decoration knowledge library as a sales support tool and cross training manual.
Contract Print Designer/ Textile Consultant
Apr 2010 - Aug 2011 (1 year 4 months)
* Executed development projects for consumer products, including intimates, children's, and performance apparel. * Applied technical expertise to ensure quality and manufacturing ability of new and existing products. * Consulted on best practices and market trends to effectively meet development needs and deadlines.
Fashion Graphic Artist/Supervisor
DOREL JUVENILE GROUP
Mar 2006 - Apr 2010 (4 years 1 month)
* Brought design process for fabric production in line with industry standards, reducing overall product lead-time by 25%. * Standardized request procedures and status tracking for printed fabric development, improving project lead-time by 30%.
Textile Account Manager/Print Designer
BENNETT & COMPANY
Apr 2004 - Dec 2005 (1 year 8 months)
* Teamed with Senior Designer to implement digital fabric printing and standard design procedures, reducing cost and lead-time. * Reduced production package response time for Victoria's Secret account 30% by improving process and communication.
CAD Designer/Services Coordinator
MALDEN MILLS INDUSTRIES INC.
May 1994 - Mar 2004 (9 years 10 months)
* Spearheaded applying a new print process to multiple fabrications, increasing sales and eliminating costly trials. * Attained over $100,000 in savings over an 18-month period by streamlining product color cards and rack types. * Created a digital image database as a sales support tool, resulting in reduced CAD cost and increased sales.