Jun 2015 - Present (5 years 11 months)
Director of Design, Windows Powered Products
Jun 2003 - Aug 2012 (9 years 2 months)
Directed design for Motorola's first Smartphones including the Q family of Smart-phones. Responsible for design strategy, design execution and alignment to Motorola design language.
Design Lead, Motorola Mobility Consumer Electronics
Jun 2008 - Aug 2012 (4 years 2 months)
Leading design and design strategy for consumer electronics at Motorola Mobility.
Director of Design & Development
Outer Circle Products
1998 - 2003 (5 years)
• Senior Design leader for a mass-market consumer-products company with ‘big-box’ channels of distribution. US design and engineering with Asian manufacturing resources.
• Responsible for building a team of designers, engineers, and support personnel
• Responsible for the entire product development function, including materials research, design language development, trend forecasting, engineering and tooling and qualifying vendors
• Responsible for new product innovations: creating opportunities through innovative product concepts new to the big-box channels.
Product Development Specialist
1995 - 1998 (3 years)
• Responsible for the invention, design and development of new medical devices and the implementation of innovation practices and culture shift initiatives
Senior Industrial Designer / Project Lead
Index Industrial Design & Development (consulting)
1991 - 1995 (4 years)
• Led design and development projects for an award winning design consulting company in the NYC metropolitan area.
Staff Industrial Designer
Human Factors Industrial Design (consulting)
1987 - 1991 (4 years)
• Medical, industrial and consumer product design and development