Institute for Sustainable Solutions (Portland State University)
Dec 2014 - Present (6 years 7 months)
• Collaborate with communications team on visual direction for a variety of department and campus-wide campaigns.
• Design and illustrate posters, flyers, newsletters, booklets, video graphics, social media imagery, annual reports, and email/web graphics.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Jan 2009 - Present (12 years 6 months)
• Work closely with clients to develop unique visual identities and provide guidance on typography, color palettes, imagery, and create detailed brand books to inform the design of all collateral.
• Provide illustration, photography, image editing, copy writing/editing, web design, social media management, and production of any/all digital and printed materials.
• Encourage open communication and collaboration, meeting deadlines and involving client in every step of the process.
Graphic Designer/Mock-Up Specialist
Readerlink Marketing Services
San Diego, CA
Mar 2017 - Nov 2018 (1 year 8 months)
• Designed licensed and non-branded children's novelty books and toys for two unique publishing imprints (Studio Fun and Silver Dolphin).
• Managed multiple ongoing projects from initial concept to production-ready files, including hiring and working with freelance illustrators/designers, developing book formats, writing art notes, planning interactivity (features like sliders, flaps, spinners, and pop-ups) and worked with production team and printers on book/toy specifications and safety testing.
• Worked closely with several licenses—including Star Wars, Disney, Nickelodeon, Sesame Street, Marvel, Smithsonian, Mattel and more—to ensure that characters were on-model, and style guide rules were applied consistently.
• Built realistic, working mock-ups of complex interactive books, to ensure that die lines were correct, mechanisms move properly, and for use in sales presentations and trade shows.
San Diego, CA
Oct 2016 - Feb 2017 (4 months)
• Prepared print and digital projects for final production and client approval, ensuring accuracy, correct product specs, adherence to brand guidelines, and maintaining exacting agency standards of quality.
• Worked with a wide variety of brands and organizations—including Adidas, Caribou Coffee, UCSD, El Pollo Loco, Alaska Communications, Petco, and more—meeting tight deadlines on multiple projects in various stages of production.
• Projects included postcards, invitations, booklets, billboards, decals for miniatures, point of sale signage, in-app ads, email layout, agency branding materials, PowerPoint/Keynote presentations, and more.
• Approved in-house and printer proofs, making adjustments/corrections as necessary. Created mock-ups of projects to ensure correct sizing/application/orientation before final production.
Partners in Learning Programs Inc.
San Diego, CA
Sep 2015 - Jun 2016 (9 months)
• Oversaw production of all materials for clients, ensuring accuracy, quality, and working with printers to meet required specifications for a wide variety of signage, banners, posters and placards for K-12 schools.
• Initiated company rebranding/reorganization, including updating/creating new marketing materials, conception of redesigned website, reinvigorating neglected social media accounts, working to streamline internal processes, and improve communication with clients and vendors.
• Reviewed resumes, conducted interviews, and advised owner for hiring of new designers. Provided orientation, training, and regular feedback for print and web designers.
Portland State University
Sep 2013 - Sep 2015 (2 years)
• Managed a wide variety of design projects and worked on new marketing collateral for multiple departments within the university. Produced brochures, agendas, postcards, posters, TV graphics, and worked on the new student handbook and acceptance package.
• Originated campaigns and graphics for commencement, tuition payment plan, and branded the Student Ambassador program.
• Provided photography for student/staff portraits, campus events, and scenes from around the university and the city of Portland.
Senior Graphic Designer
Late Night Library
Jan 2013 - Jan 2014 (1 year)
• Initially volunteered as an intern for LNL, and was included on paid senior staff within two months.
• Crafted a better defined identity for the organization, including refinements of logo, establishing guidelines for typography, color and imagery.
• Designed, illustrated and produced all print, web and social media imagery for podcasts, campaigns, donor outreach, and special events.
Graphic Design Intern
Jun 2013 - Aug 2013 (2 months)
• Provided support for agency staff wherever needed, working on everything from product/packaging design, logo concepts, client presentations, photo editing, social media graphics, and more.
• Involved in multiple ongoing projects at different stages, from initial sketches to final production. Client work included Bridgeport Brewery, SOREL, Rouge Creamery, Dakota Customs, and more.