Co-founder & Design Director
Sep 2010 - Present (11 years)
My Role as Design Director
Editorial: thrives on visual storytelling, editorial layout, and engagement, highly comfortable with photography
Brand-oriented: can drive the continued evolution of a gracious and refined brand
Scrappy: very entrepreneurial, with a can-do attitude and a love for solving design and business problems with clever and resource limited solves
Highly business and e-commerce oriented: focused on the bottom line just as much as the brand, loves to partner with marketing to drive revenue and profit; loves the dynamism of e-commerce; comfortable in a highly data-driven environment
Passionate about space design: thrives on home décor and design
Great manager: loves mentor-ship, can make tough calls, inspires confidence within and across teams
Concept, develop and manage a “best in class” creative brand and creative product: deliver not only the big idea, but manage the tactical details to make sure that idea is executed and consumers see it
Manage creative teams and tracks of work. Lead and direct the whole team from concept to completion. Plan and estimate for highly complex projects; drive completion on-time, on-budget, and above expectations
Further evolve our brand identity, continuing to develop a young brand
Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, color and other ingredients appropriately to create innovative visual solutions that meet business and user needs
Visualize, design and conceptualize a user experience; create visual prototypes or screens
Extend existing visual systems/brand guidelines across all mediums with moderate design changes or interpretation
Manage workflow for of day-to-day responsibility to other Designers and Writers.
Take creative (and business) risks, fail fast, learn, repeat, and constantly learn: help SEED make a great business and brand even greater
Jun 2013 - Nov 2013 (5 months)
Dig in to business problems and create beautiful and effective design solutions that engage the consumer. As I am passionate about design and brand on the whole and love thinking about how we can help our clients push the envelope.
Here i m a conceptual thinker and senior creative leader, with the vision to lead clients and internal teams to create amazing brand experiences. I m thinking my way out of a tough situation, and trying always push design to the limit. I fight for my ideas but keep an open mind. I truly believe in the power of design thinking.
Handling Clients - Google, Google +, HDFC Life, Max Life, Yebhi.com, Mast Kalandar, TE, Connecting the dots.
• Lead to solve strategic and creative challenges and direct all phases of creative work from concept through completion through internal and/or external designers
• Develop creative programs, processes, team organization
• Support creative direction for the brand and implement a consistent brand style in all deliverable. Fluidly move across brands and channels to develop fully integrated campaigns (above the line advertising, retail, promotions, events, packaging, digital, radio)
• Provide quality control through clear, consistent processes and open feedback on all creative projects
• Create an open, collaborative, fun environment where ideas are shared and challenged
• Lead creative sessions, brainstorming sessions and initial direction for project kickoffs. Work with the team’s project manager to assign projects and timelines
• Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, passion, sense of urgency, excellence and accountability
• Monitor to assure that project team members are staying within client budgets and meeting timeline milestones. Establish & maintain strong working relationships with other creative team members.
• Responsible for articulating and supporting conceptual and directional choices
Feb 2011 - Apr 2011 (2 months)
I was design consultant to July Systems, here i was responsible for inward and outward branding of the company.
Deputy Manager - Visual Merchandiser/Visual Communication
Mahindra Retail Pvt.Ltd
Jan 2009 - Sep 2010 (1 year 8 months)
Work closely with creative team, operations and buying and merchandising team while maintaining positive working relationships and open communication with all to achieve success of marketing Collateral.
1. I am handling Visual Communication at Mahindra retail
2. 116 pages Catalog Design for every three months from mood board to final print file format, Newspaper Advertisements, Hoardings flag poles Artworks, Store Visuals, Web banners, Packaging, In-store communication like standees, Shelf talkers, tent cards, bobbles, danglers, window stickers, etc
3. Corporate Presentations, Presentations for marketing pitch-in
4. Successful launch of Sub Brand of Mom & ME (Mom’s Lounge) – Logo Design, Designing entire Marketing collateral – Brochure, Standee, Presentations etc. and Photography of the space.
Head Graphic Designer
Welspun India Ltd
Jun 2006 - Dec 2008 (2 years 6 months)
As a graphic designer in Welspun
• The main aim and criteria is to promote and support the corporate image of the company by developing, designing the layouts for concepts and mood boards. This is done by means of various marketing and image building projects such as packaging, Store visuals advertisements, brochures, pamphlets, logos, stationary design, posters, training manuals and various other publications for different divisions in the Company.
As a visual Merchandiser in Welspun
• Responsible for conceptualizing and implementing the VM Plan for the SPACES Stores being a part of operation team
• Responsible for Visual Merchandising both In-store and for the Store Windows
• Provide support to the VM team (zonal / cluster) in implementing and gearing up for
• Promotional display / merchandise display and other aspects
• Co-coordinating with store manager and VM team about the promotions and display aspects.
• Maintaining minimum standards for maintaining Store according to SOP and other related details
• Vendor co-ordinations and delivery plan according to the promotional requirements
• Supervising Maintenance / docket of all the commercial bills and other useful documentations
• To ensure consistency in VM Plan implementation
• Understand Store Layout and Size for the purposes of VM Planning especially in case of a new Store or section.
• Understand Delivery schedules so as to plan for VM Calendar
• Understand the Range Plan /Theme/ Styles for the Season for inputting into the VM Plan
• Maintaining Plano grams
Shristi - The Creative Company ( Creative Agency)
Jun 2005 - Jun 2006 (1 year)
Bombay Dyeing Projects
• At Images Fashion Forum - Fashion Show co-ordination and draping styling
• Campaign worked upon - Ebony & Ivory - premium black & white collection
• Kids’ - Cartoon network / Nickelodeon / Disney / WWF bed and bath collection window display for across the nation stores for BD
• Kids’ film festival by TIMES OF INDIA organized Kids campaign for BD
• Kids’ - Uniform window display
• Worked with Sabyasachi on collection installation
• Event installation for retail conference at Goa – Park Hyatt Goa from layout to creative
• At Bombay Exhibition centre for New Year Celebration - Organized 3 sequence of fashion show events
Stylist and Graphic Designer
Apr 2004 - Jun 2005 (1 year 2 months)
• Making the color palette/Surveillance of color forecasting for the season, Preparing trend board / mood board, Preparing theme based collection, Color wise group for the season, Requisition sheets / Pre Production sheets, Vendor sketching, Setting the designs and presentations on the computer, Understanding the buyer requisitions & developing designs for the approval & developing various combinations of fabrics
• Getting the first sample developed for each style ways / Color ways & get it approved from Buyers, Give detailed reports for each style/ color wise sourcing of trims / Yarns for production, to production team along with approved samples, Approve Pre Production Samples (PPS)
Planning and forecasting
• Planning the collection for the season, Forecasting the look for the season, Preparing the collection in line with international standards and keeping in mind buyer collections, Propose the collection for the season to planning team and GM (Sampling & Design)
SU ZARIWLLA HOUSE
Jan 2002 - Jan 2004 (2 years)
• Making of Embellished swatches for the renowned designers from Paris and Italy
• Making of sample garment and accessories like Gowns, Boots, Corsets, Leather belts, Purses, Necklaces, T-shirts with heavy embellishments for Ladies, Swatches after getting approved by following renowned Designers Giorgio Armani, Armani Collezioni, Christiana Dior, Ralph Lauren, Gai Mattiolo, Rena Lange, Nina Ricci, Charles Alexander, Douglas Hannant, Calvin Klein, Jpg, Oscar de la renta, Dona Karen, Bill Blass, Ungaro, Ulla Maija, Magi Norris, Vera Wang, Lanvin etc for their fashion shows in Paris and Italy.
• In charge of supervising the garment construction right from pattern tracing to the final stage of quality check, Instruct & supervise karigars to make Embroidery swatches by following season’s colors and theme.