Lead User Experience Engineer
West Middlesex, PA
Aug 2016 - Present (5 years 2 months)
Industry: Automotive, Software
Currently conducting UXD strategy development and research/responsibilities for a major software redesign of Autosoft DMS: transitioning the current desktop based Dealership Management System software application to a cloud-based application.
Projects: UX Strategy Roadmap, Sales F&I overhaul.
Lead User Experience Designer and Strategist (Consultant)
UPMC Healthcare via LogixGuru
Oct 2015 - Jul 2016 (9 months)
Industry: Healthcare/Health Insurance, Software
HCI consultant that implemented UXD strategy and conducted UXD research/responsibilities for a major software redesign of HealthPlaNET: transitioning the current thick-client desktop software application to a more streamlined, web-based software application.
Developed and implemented new UX processes that complemented and enhanced the existing team’s processes and workflow.
Details of UX responsibilities include: heuristic evaluations, requirement and content analysis, pluralistic walkthroughs, wireframing, prototyping, usability testing and user interface design as well as the development of user interface standards and patterns for the overhaul and redesign of the application.
Projects: UX Strategy Roadmap, UX process implementation into TFS (web version of Visual Studio), user research for desktop application as well as user need assessments and wireframing of new features and modules within the web application: Assessments, Medication Review, PGI’s and Timeliness Regulatory.
Lead User Experience Designer (Consultant)
FedEx via TekConnexion
Mar 2015 - Oct 2015 (7 months)
Developed UXD strategy and research plans, Evangelized UXD awareness through various departments by creating brown bag sessions and presentations. Created conceptual designs for testing and final interface designs for mobile redesign initiative.
Research projects included a variety of competitive research plans and reports, development of card sorting and usability scripts in conjunction with mediation and testing, planning and reporting out of findings to senior level staff. UX and UI design responsibilities: wireframing, storyboarding and interface design for responsive web designs, mobile and software initiatives. Lead brainstorming sessions and requirement gathering sessions with mobile team. Advised on software purchases and resource allocations.
Projects: UX Strategy, card sorting exercises, content inventory of websites, and user research for current mobile devices.
Lead User Experience Designer (Consultant)
Mar 2015 - Oct 2015 (7 months)
Conducted UXD strategy, research and SOW outlines for testing conceptual and final interface designs for MARC advertising on a contractual basis. Research projects included a variety of competitive research plans and reports, card sorting scripts, implementation and mediation of card sorts, planning and reporting. UX design responsibilities: wireframing and storyboarding for responsive web designs; both in mobile and software initiatives. Mentored Junior Designers on software use, proper research methodologies to gain unbiased reporting and analysis and reporting of data.
Projects: UX Research Strategy for Gold Eagle and Taxonomy Structure Development and Advisement.
Sr Experience Designer; Online Product Manager
Jun 2011 - Feb 2015 (3 years 8 months)
Analyze and develop intra-web enhancements as well as conduct IA/UXD responsibilities for Pathfinder, a $10M initiative for an HR portal that compiles all of PNC’s HR Resources into one convenient location for their employees.
Projects: Employee Portal, and Manager Resource View
● Perform user needs assessments, business analysis, and define high-end business requirements.
● Analyze current applications and ensure that no tasks are omitted in the transfer to the new portal system.
● Produce wireframes and prototypes in several formats for usability studies and business reviews.
● Developed and maintain the pattern documentation for the portal’s interactive features. Ensure standards are adhered to.
● Conduct requirement meetings with business stakeholders.
Information Architect and UXD Specialist
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Jun 2008 - Jun 2011 (3 years)
Industry: eCommerce/Biotechnology Industry
Developed website design enhancements and conducted IA/UXD responsibilities for FisherSci.com, an e-commerce website which generates over $1B in revenue a year. Was a member of the team that worked closely with IBM in the complete redesign and implementation of Thermo.com.
Projects: Search Utilizing Endeca's Search Engine, Thermo.com Website Redesign, User Account and Admin Screens and Procurement Application Enhancements
• Performed user needs assessments, business analysis, and defined requirements.
• Evaluated and assessed existing components of the site, documenting legacy features.
• Produced wireframes and prototypes in several formats for usability studies and business reviews.
• Facilitated usability tests with customers and conducted UAT with business stakeholders utilizing high-fidelity prototypes.
• Developed and maintained the Pattern Library for the redesigned Thermo.com site.
• Developed Competitive Features Analysis book for Fisher Scientific, highlighting functionality of their top 10 competitors.
Contractor - Senior UX/UI Designer and Art Director
May 2007 - Jun 2008 (1 year 1 month)
Companies included Vertis Communications and MdNetSolutions
Accounts: Dick's Sporting Goods, a full-line sporting goods retailer operating 315 stores in 34 states, and MdNetSolutions, a startup that specialized in online marketing and lead-based tracking systems for bariatric practices.
• Managed a small creative team that conceptualized, designed, and implemented a new online initiative that included editorial components and interactive online circulars.
• Performed the asessment and design of UI for a new initiative of online circular sales.
• Managed communication of scheduled work to the traffic coordinator and outside vendors.
• Directed the design work of junior designers and collaborated with outside developers on website development.
• Assessed clients’ current website architecture and provided heuristic assessments of the UI and proposed options which would afford opportunities for future site expansion.
• Analyzed content inventory and proposed areas to the client where content could be enhanced in new website designs.
• Produced and designed storyboards, wireframes, prototypes of UI for presentations, client approvals, and team reviews.
• Suggested to clients opportunities for SEO on legacy interfaces and transferred proposals to new designs.
• Researched and analyzed developing trends in social websites, web applications, and mobile applications that would generate interest in the bariatric community.
Sr. Designer - Product Development
BuildIQ and IBACOS
Mar 2006 - May 2007 (1 year 2 months)
Industry: Education - Homebuilding/Real Estate
Project lead for a $4M initiative for Pulte Homes' Online Building Encyclopedia. Additional responsibilities included developing marketing and LMS websites.
Instructional Media Designer and UI Designer - Contract
Jun 2005 - Mar 2006 (9 months)
Industry: Education - Higher Education
Senior Designer - Interactive and Print
Jul 2001 - Jun 2005 (3 years 11 months)
Industry: Healthcare, Education and Research
Senior Graphic Designer - Web and Print
Fitting Creative (formerly Fitting Kolbrener)
Aug 2000 - Jul 2001 (11 months)
Sr. Graphic Designer - Web and Print
Adam Filippo and Associates
Jul 1998 - Aug 2000 (2 years 1 month)
Freelance Art Director and Designer
Various agencies, direct clients
Jul 1998 - Oct 1999 (1 year 3 months)
Associate/Junior Art Director
Crowley Webb and Associates
Apr 1996 - Jun 1998 (2 years 2 months)