Sean Smith Designs
Los Angeles, CA
Aug 2017 - Present (3 years 11 months)
• Worked for Saleen as contract designer on production and concept programs
• Designed projects for Speedkore Automotive and OEM’s for the 2018 SEMA show
• Designed and worked on multiple branding and trades show projects for Saleen
• Worked on multiple automotive projects for SEMA and Aftermarket industry
Aug 2015 - Jul 2017 (1 year 11 months)
• Designed and project managed Tantrum Charger for SEMA 2015
• Initiated design of 2016 Ford Mustang for SEMA 2016 and production
• Responsible for 2016 Carbon Hellcat design and working with FCA
• Also designed 2018 Carbon Fiber Demon for SEMA 2017
• Worked with Engineering,marketing and sales on Speedkore parts line
•Learned production design methods for designing auto claved composite parts
Director of Design
Nov 2012 - Jun 2015 (2 years 7 months)
• Designer current 2018 Saleen Mustang
• Designer for 2015 Saleen Tesla
• Responsible for design on 2013 George Follmer Mustang
• Also designer on 2014 Saleen Camaro and Saleen Challenger
• Responsible for overseeing team of designers and modelers and directly working with Engineering and marketing teams.
• Reported and worked directly with CEO and board
Spring Green, WI
Dec 2004 - Nov 2012 (7 years 11 months)
Automotive designer and creative brand manager for Ring Brothers cars and product line
Nov 2010 - Jun 2011 (7 months)
Conceptualized and created the brand LoPro for Jadas diecast department. From Concept to the shelf I worked with teams of Design, Packaging and Marketing to deliver a new direction for Jada and the diecast market
Jul 2006 - Jul 2009 (3 years)
-Concept art Direction for pre production development for Rockstar Games Titles AGENT and Maz Payne 4.
-Developed both props,characters,environments, and vehicles for these titles.
-Worked with Art Directors in Rockstar North to assure 2d-3d translation in the concept of the game.
July 2006-August 2008- Vehicle Concept Artist for Rockstar Games, Carlsbad Ca.
-Worked as a concept artist specializing in vehicle design for Rockstar games title Midnight Club Los Angeles.
-Oversaw the art direction through 2d sketching and rendering. To communicating with digital
modelers in Maya and other CAD programs.
- Also helped bring secondary companies to marketing as well such well for product placement through the game.
Jul 2004 - Jul 2005 (1 year)
2004-2005-Motorcycle Designer, Honda R&d,Torrance, Ca
-Worked on various production and advanced concept programs.
-200X Honda Fury concept, Sub project leader on advanced concept, From sketch to full size clay in concept position
-Worked with outside vendors to create show mockup for design clinic.
-2008-Secret Bike production, Sub project leader on production project. Worked with team of modelers and engineers in production program. -Design responsibility included working with engineers on Catia,Directing
a team of modelers on full size clay,
-Refinement design on bodywork and engine design details. Production slated for 2008.
Mar 2003 - Aug 2003 (5 months)
worked on show HCD3 car for Detroit Auto Show
Jan 2002 - Jun 2002 (5 months)
Worked on advanced concept propsals for concept cars