San Francisco, CA
Feb 2019 - Jan 2021 (1 year 11 months)
Support corporate tenant improvement projects from design concept to construction administration to obtain certificate of occupancy.
• Prepare professional renderings for marketing client’s conceptual interior design.
• Connect with clients, consultants, contractors and product representatives for prompt selection and coordination of FF&E installation.
• Produce complete sets of CAD construction documents including interior details.
• Coordinate work with MEP consultants through final design phase.
• Survey, record & analyze as-built conditions.
• Knowledge of current 2019 CA building codes, BOMA, ADA and T-24 standards.
San Francisco, CA
Mar 2018 - Feb 2019 (11 months)
• Engage with restaurant clients including Sonic Drive-In, Jersey Mikes, & Philz Coffee to strategize and support immersive brand experiences within their existing & next-generation stores.
• Prepare working documents, plans, details, & schedules. Maintain prototype
plans and turn around revisions in a timely manner.
• Develop presentation materials to convey design intent to client through use
of 3D models in SketchUp and Vectorworks.
• Successfully manage priorities working on multiple projects & deadlines.
• Organize library of creative assets on server for smooth coordination
among design team members.
• Maintain positive working relationships with multiple types of vendors to solve
production & construction challenges.
• Attend trade shows to learn about new products & trends.
San Francisco, CA
May 2015 - Mar 2018 (2 years 10 months)
• Remote CAD support based in San Francisco• Collaborated with internal design teams at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf & Under Armour Inc. to ensure brand standards are met across store portfolio.
• Provided design documentation for retail locations up to 5,000 square feet.
• Analyzed survey results to document as-built conditions for Under Armour
and FedEx Office rollouts across the country.
• Created quality assurance protocols for design development documents.
• Sought out opportunities to go above and beyond by routinely updating
projections reports and distributing weekly project updates for clients.
Interior Designer, CAD drafter
Grand Rapids, MI
Mar 2012 - Mar 2015 (3 years)
• Responsible for creation of construction and presentation documents with a high level of detail for residential and commercial interior design projects
• Initiated CAD standards for drafting greatly improving productivity
• Maintained floor plans by making edits based on input in a timely manner
• Provided renderings and 3-D models to aid clients in visualizing concepts
• Developed website and marketing materials to reinforce company brand
• Researched new products and sources to keep current with design trends
• Communication with vendors to review contract documents to reduce error and delay during project administration
Interior Designer - Kitchen Remodel
Jan 2014 - Jul 2014 (6 months)
"I started working with Stephanie Kubiak in 2013 and 2014 when I started looking for an interior designer for a major home remodeling project. Stephanie impressed me with her creative and innovative design ideas that addressed the space and usage objectives and provided unique finished rooms that reflect my personal style and needs. Stephanie provided excellent multiple detailed design dimensional recommendations, with varied options and timely met the financial and time constraints involved.
It has been a pleasure to work with Stephanie, and I have highly recommended her services to friends and family. I absolutely love the results of the remodeling and look forward to working with Stephanie on the next project in my home next year."