Zio Design Studio
2002 - Present (20 years)
• Provide excellent personalized design consulting services for all stages of product development, including research, intellectual property, design strategy, CAD, user interface, computer rendering, and final product presentation.
• Successfully managed projects with Ancona 2, Crucial, Harkess-Ord, Kenworth, Latitude Sports, Micron, Prime Studio, Sawtooth Sporting Goods, Performance Design International, and Pro Team, among others.
Lead Industrial Designer
Feb 2004 - Oct 2013 (9 years 8 months)
• Successfully collaborated with the world's leading design agencies, manufacturing companies and internal HP teams to develop world class designs and experiences for HP customers through innovative technologies.
• Led the organization-wide design and implementation of the first design language for the LaserJet and ScanJet lines, successfully unifying our portfolio of products with the overall global HP brand.
• Executed world class industrial designs and innovations such as the LED cave light and illuminated-icon tray indicator while providing significantly improved User Experience (UX) and User Interaction (UI) platforms.
• Skilled at problem solving and looking beyond industrial design as a veneer for complex devices.
• Excels at solving mechanical requirements and complex systems by stretching engineering teams' abilities to realize design improvements, providing a deeper user experience and simplicity for the overall product.
• Understanding and balancing our customer desires with HP business objectives.
New York, NY
2002 - 2004 (2 years)
• Led and inspired a team of designers and engineers to convey our clients' brand specifications into the physical aspects of consumer interaction and experience.
• Achieved production of aesthetically outstanding 3D concepts through a process involving idea generation, concept design development, engineering and manufacturing details.
• Directed successful rebranding efforts for Wachovia bank, Smith & Nephew, Wyeth Pharmaceutical and EDS, in collaboration with the world's leading design agencies to provide refreshed products to our clients.
Design Manager - VP of Client Advocacy
2001 - 2002 (1 year)
• Successfully connected customer wants and needs to build quality user experiences focusing on fitness, medical, and consumer products.
• Liaison between the client and our consultancy including business development, proposals, presentations.
Sr. Industrial Designer
1999 - 2001 (2 years)
• Led design and development of medical devices, high tech, consumer, industrial and fashion products.
• Created new, products, user experiences and user interfaces with medical startups.
Sr. Industrial Designer
1994 - 1999 (5 years)
• Developed multiple designs from concept through engineering, served as lead liaison with overseas manufacturing of kitchenware and home products.
• Creation and innovation of highly successful housewares products that currently continue to be sold domestically and internationally.