Video Projection Designer
Mount Rainier, MD
Dec 2008 - Present (12 years 10 months)
• Video Designer and VJ for live theatrical, musical events; video branding and mashups
• designed innovative video projections, digital imaging, film production and photography for clients
• video projection design received positive reviews in the Washington Post and DC Theatre
• produced intro animation for theatrical project featuring comedic duo Joyce Scott and Kay Lawal directed by Rain Pryor, daughter of Richard Pryor.
• One Mic Hip-Hop Worldwide Festival, Hip-Hop in the Pocket/Liner Notes, The Kennedy Center & Atlas Performing Arts Center (DC)
• Cinderella the Remix, Imagination Stage, Bethesda, MD
• Earth Matters: Land as Material, Metaphor in the Arts of Africa, African Art Museum (DC)
• Sole Defined - performed at the Atlas Performing Arts Center (DC)
• Club Liv, WONDERFULL - A Tribute to Stevie Wonder ft. Stevie Wonder & DJ Spinna (DC)
• Tropicalia, FELA - President's Day Event; as well as Summit, Azonto Festival, VJ (DC)
• The Pitmen Painters, 1st Stage Theatre, Tysons Corner, VA
• Caesar and Dada, WSC Avant Bard, Callan Theatre, Catholic University of America (DC)
• Liner Notes & Paige In Full: A B-Girl's Visual Mixtape, B-Fly Entertainment (DC)
• Thunder Thigh Revue, WombWork Productions (MD)
• Galactic Ritual: A Hip-Hop Theatre Experience feat. SA-ROC & Sol Messiahh (DC)
• Nacirema (co-writer/producer) part of the Source Theatre Festival, Artistic Blind Date (DC)
• Shaolin Jazz - the 37th Chamber project; a mixtape of Wu-Tang Clan with other Blue Note Jazz (PA)
• Make No!se - produced a series of lifestyle interviews (DC)
• Intersections: New America Play Festival and The DC Hip-Hop Theatre Festival (DC)
Program Coordinator | Associate Professor, Visual Communication
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
Aug 2003 - Present (18 years 2 months)
• teaching undergraduate courses in visual communication, digital media, animation, motion graphics, digital cinematography, web design and new media in Visual Communication & Digital Media Arts (VCDMA) program providing outstanding instruction and advisement to 180+ students.
• successfully introduced new courses in design, 3D animation, motion graphics, self-promotion and marketing, internship, fashion design and hip-hop studies and contemporary art and design
• created new major and degree in visual communication and digital media arts successfully approved by the University of Maryland System and Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC).
• effective management of program, adjunct and VCDMA faculty, student assistants, lab/facilities, internships and curriculum. Student enrollment increased to well over 75% as a result of new major
• successfully served as chairperson of the university curriculum committee; member of college of arts and sciences, department curriculum committees; university technology committee and center for global engagement and annual spring arts festival
• served on Middle States accreditation committee (university was successfully reinstated)
• successfully founded the university and department's student group of AIGA (DC Chapter)
• supervision of student workers, junior/adjunct faculty; as well as successful maintenance of equipment, computer labs, studios, research center and facilities
Digital Media Producer | Designer | Illustrator
Jan 2000 - Present (21 years 9 months)
• directed, edited and produced targeted video marketing, creative collateral and transmedia projects.
• innovated digital films, video mash-ups, branding for wine label, lifestyle and promotions companies.
• produced informative interviews with recording artists Angie Stone, B.O.B, E.P.M.D., Brand Nubian, Bilal, Dead Prez and local artists in DC area for online web series and interviews.
• illustrated childrens' book "Shango's Son" written by Dr. Winmilawe, that is positively reviewed on Amazon
• art direction and production of cover art/photography for "Like A Tree Without Roots" written by Teresa Ann Willis; a successful book for teenagers and selected as a finalist for the Phillis Wheatley Book Awards (Harlem Book Club).
Sony Specialist (PT)
Sep 2013 - Jun 2014 (9 months)
• implemented innovative sales techniques, strategies and promotion of Sony products
• provided support and training to sales representatives of Costco and Bestbuy with technical information about Sony Home Entertainment products, including 4K (Ultra HD) & HD Televisions, soundbars, cameras; audio receivers, apps, bluray players and others.
• maintained product displays, set-up of Home Entertainment
• coordinated with Sony Retail Sales Manager with inventory, display and provided customer and metrics on sales as well as customer feedback information regarding products and competition.
• assisted and empowered customers with knowledge about Sony products, technology and information on 4K and smart TVs especially.
Digital Media Instructor (PT)
JOE'S MOVEMENT EMPORIUM
Oct 2013 - Apr 2014 (6 months)
• provided mentoring and training to high school students from Prince George's County Public Schools through the Theatre Tech Program (TTP) in the areas of digital imaging, technology, media arts; film/video production, digital photography, visual communication and visual design for theatre.
• instructed students in developing concepts and narratives for digital short films, screenwriting; use of DSLR cameras, sound, lighting equipment and video projection design for theatre and video editing.
• assisted students in the production of digital shorts, blogs and developing portfolios for future including college, and future employment.
Lecturer | Animation | Design | Multimedia | Electronic Studio (FT/PT)
Aug 2000 - May 2013 (12 years 9 months)
• instructed and advised undergraduate/graduate students in courses in visual communication, motion graphics, animation, digital video, web and eBook design.
• participated in graduate thesis committees
• created an innovative course in digital video storytelling, filmmaking and editing
• received Academic Excellence Grant and was selected as featured Instructor for Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning and Assessment.
• over 85% of students taught/alumnus are working in their respective fields and industry
Cinematographer | Camera Operator
INDIE5FILMS/SHYNE TIME PRODUCTIONS
Oct 2011 - Mar 2012 (5 months)
• provided cinematography and camera support for independent film, “You Never Know.”
• consulted and collaborated with director with production and locations for dramatic film.
Associate Producer | Motion Graphics Designer
2008 - 2011 (3 years)
• provided superior technical, lighting assistance, production support, motion graphics and green screen for independent and feature-length films, “Lorenzo & Monica” and “Dead.Money” and “Torn”
• “Lorenzo & Monica” is now distributed through Wal-Mart, Redbox and is featured on IMDB.
Motion Graphics Designer
HOUSE OF CULTURE PRODUCTIONS
2006 - 2008 (2 years)
• supervised script, character development and revisions for independent, and feature-length film, “Painted Smiles” directed by Scott Rainey.
• contacted and organized musicians for soundtrack for film
• created opening and closing graphics/titles, branding, identity, press kit & marketing materials
Adjunct Professor | Visual Communication
PRINCE GEORGE'S COMMUNITY COLLEGE
2000 - 2005 (5 years)
• provided instruction in computer graphics, multimedia, design and animation.