Designer + Freelance Creative
Sep 2015 - Present (7 years 6 months)
Independent contractor specializing in brand identity, design, online presence and marketing solutions for small to medium businesses and startups.
- Consult and collaborate with clients to develop web and print products
- Create brand concept and identity for new businesses and startups
- Build and/or re-design standard and e-commerce websites with various functionalities
- Develop brand concept and identity according to client's specifications
- Construct online and offline strategies and solutions to meet client's marketing goals
- Execute effective online marketing methods to client websites and social media accounts
- Creation, promotion, and upkeep of clients social media accounts, blogs, and web content with integrity and authenticity
- Provide clients with site management support and content management training
- Manage, organize and multi-task multiple projects at once while meeting deadlines
- Perform daily administrative tasks such as accounting, bookkeeping, invoicing and client relations
- Produce high-quality, timeless product and corporate photos
- High proficiency of workflow, productivity, marketing and design apps such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat), Hootsuite, Facebook Business, Basecamp, Teamwork, Microsoft Office, Google Apps for Work, VSCO, and multiple photo editing applications
Portfolio available upon request
Dec 2011 - Sep 2015 (3 years 9 months)
Responsible for developing, designing, and executing strategic marketing plans for KORE Marketing to attract potential customers while retaining current clients.
- Develop and design online & offline marketing materials, campaigns, projects, and strategies in-house and for clients
- Plan, manage and execute marketing, sales projects, promotional events and launches according to client's requirements
- Successfully completed overhaul and update of websites and marketing campaigns of multi-million dollar condo developments in Calgary and area
- Oversee new digital plans for KORE's company website, search engine marketing and social media marketing
- Design and implement new marketing initiative to target real estate buyers and investors
- Develop company's customer management system using the latest CMS technologies
- Co-found and developed a new concept website combining real estate and e-commerce with management
- Co-develop a cutting-edge directory database cataloging buildings and high-rises in Canada's top developing cities
- Assist with development and management of marketing plans and budgets
- Implement new marketing, sales and customer relation systems while improving existing processes
- Conduct audits, reviews, strategic plans and recommendations for projects and campaigns
- Responsible for recruitment, outsourcing, training and operational procedures
- Negotiate and secure competitive contract rates with contractors and freelancers
- High proficiency in workflow, productivity and marketing apps such as Salesforce, Teamwork, MLX, CLX, Basecamp, Hubstaff and Hubspot.
Manager, Operations & Administration
Aug 2009 - Nov 2011 (2 years 3 months)
Supervise KORE's daily support operations to ensure resources are employed efficiently throughout the office. Lead small team of office professionals to execute administrative duties effectively and in a timely manner. Manage planning, organizing and implementing business systems.
- Responsible for marketing & sales of various condominium sites across Calgary and surrounding area
- Manage administration staff, contractors, and business operations
- Successfully met monthly and annual lead generation targets set by management
- Assist sales team convert web leads into clients by building strong rapport, demonstrating deep industry knowledge and years of experience
- Achieved numerous sales awards, top producer standings, and won brokerage's top team award
- Develop and design new marketing products for the company website, client presentations, promotional items and buyer & seller 'Smart Guides'
- Coordinate operations for various renovation sites and organizing home staging for sale sites
- Inform clients of present status and stages of investments, properties & real estate ventures
- Prepare presentations, information packages and portfolios on company investments and projects
- Draft contracts, documents and agreements for related purchases and investments
- Photograph listing properties and new condo projects for marketing purposes
- Production and distribution of company e-newsletter to over 1000 clients and leads via Mailchimp and ConstantContact
- Great proficiency in productivity and marketing tools such as Basecamp, MLS, Salesforce, Hubstaff and Hubspot.
Operations + Marketing Manager
Babo Tea (Startup)
2009 - 2011 (2 years)
Plan, direct and coordinate Babo's operations and marketing. Responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations, marketing business development
- Create brand identity and develop startup concept
- Develop business strategy to attract and retain customers
- Monitor strategies and budgets for marketing and operations to meet revenue and profit targets
- Recruit, train and lead staff personnel to support business growth
- Create work processes, operation procedures, and manuals
- Oversee front-end operations to build patron loyalty, ensure customer satisfaction and quality control
- Manage all digital, print, promotional and event marketing
At babô, our drinks are made with wholesome flavors and the richest ingredients. We find the best blends between fruit and tea by offering a variety of unique blends - a new school take on old school delights. Our ultimate goal is to create an enriching and memorable bubble tea experience, one cup at a time.