Industrial Design Intern
New York, NY
Dec 2013 - Present (7 years 1 month)
Jul 2013 - Nov 2013 (4 months)
• Taught the CAD program SolidWorks to industrial design students.
• Explained the benefits of different approaches; implications for CAM and production.
• Problem-solved with students; reverse-engineered drawings and graded assignments.
Industrial Designer - Custom Stands
Nov 2010 - Nov 2013 (3 years)
• Designed exhibition stands and point of sale solutions for installation Australia-wide. Won several of our biggest international clients.
• Interpreted briefs and liaised with clients.
• Presented to clients for tenders.
• Developed an extensive palette of materials / finishes.
• Drew build plans; liaised with suppliers and production team.
• Worked in a national team with a transparent work flow whilst managing individual deadlines.
Nov 2008 - Dec 2010 (2 years 1 month)
• Built and installed a range of custom cabinetry.
• Learnt to use a wide array of tools including CNC routers.