Sr Design Director - Footwear
SCL Footwear Group
Mar 2011 - Present (10 years 6 months)
Utilizing an extensive background in design and production working with factories in Europe, Asia, Central and South America. Following the sketch, design, technical sketch, development, material specs, fit, and sampling processes for various fashion and accessory brands. Providing an organized system that streamlines the design and production processes and simplifies the factory interaction reducing the production costs.
Senior Basketball Designer
Dec 2009 - Mar 2011 (1 year 3 months)
• Worked closely with marketing team and athletes to design and develop performance footwear.
• Created image boards and cultural studies to form trends.
• Closely involved with development to create new materials and technologies.
• Developed design packages which included draftings, line drawings, perspective and computer renderings.
Sr Design / Product Development
Kenneth Cole Productions
Feb 2007 - Dec 2009 (2 years 10 months)
Responsible for designing all categories of women's footwear: dress, casual, athletic, and seasonal products. Combining Italian sourcing and leather development with Asian production, while adhering to the design and merchandising standards of internal sales teams, buyers, and Kenneth Cole Corporate.
Creative Director / Founder
On Point Design LLC
Feb 2004 - Dec 2009 (5 years 10 months)
Created, operated and owned design consultancy that focused on Design, Sport Style, and Perf Innovation for the leading brands in the footwear industry and product world.
Sr Footwear Designer - Lifestyle
Feb 2005 - Feb 2007 (2 years)
• Create and lead the seasonal stories including product design, color, graphics, and materials.
• Apply insights from a consumer perspective into all product design and strategic creations.
• Finalize tech packages and proactively follow the execution of all product details, including construction, color, form, style, detail, fit performance and cost/value requirements.
Senior Footwear Designer
Dec 2000 - Feb 2004 (3 years 2 months)
Responsible for designing the full line of Avirex and Polo product though all size ranges and categories of footwear: casual, dress, athletic, and seasonal products. Demonstrating a clear understanding of merchandising/line building through a strong command for color and key seasonal trends.
Kids Footwear Designer
Jun 1999 - Dec 2000 (1 year 6 months)
Responsible for implementing new design and material concepts, and following projects through the entire creation and revision process. Taking part in proactive material, color, and technology exploration as well as addressing and interpreting trends that can impact the children's athletic market.