Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Sep 2008 - Present (14 years)
• Prepare design of warehouse storage solutions including shelving, racking, mezzanine, mobile systems, sectional doors, workshop systems, vehicle interiors, & all other warehousing equipment.
• Coordinate with other departments to plan and ensure that all drawings required by sales, purchasing and project departments are complete and made available in time.
• Develop Power point & 3D Visualizations for presentation of case studies and big projects to clients for their proper visualization.
• Plan visit of sites in coordination with sales and project departments to carry out inspection and collect measurements and information.
• Provide technical feedback on design, prepare drawings for construction and fabrication of equipment to be installed at project sites.
• Plan and set up material handling exhibition stalls in coordination with sales and marketing departments for demonstration of designs and completely installed material handling products.
• Set up meetings with clients to provide clarifications and detailed information sought by them regarding the project to be executed.
Design & Project Engineer
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Jul 2007 - Aug 2008 (1 year 1 month)
• Held meetings with clients to understand their requirements and offer storage solutions.
• Prepared designs and drawings to meet customer requirements and shared the same with the customer to seek preliminary feedback.
• Finalized the designs and drawings based on customer feedback and submitted commercial cost effective solutions for acceptance and finalization of order.
• Provided training to the designated personnel on the product supplied to the customer and also clarified technical queries to the customer, if necessary, by coordinating with OEM’s.
• Executed multiple installations of projects simultaneously ensuring fulfillment of delivery commitments and meeting quality standards approved by the customers.
• Prepared project schedules and monitored ongoing projects with respect to cost, resource deployment, time over-runs and quality compliance to ensure timely execution of projects.
Regional Project Engineer For The Export Division
May 2001 - Jun 2007 (6 years 1 month)
• Was the prime contact person, on behalf of the organization, for all export distributors and clients to provide all information required by them.
• Prepared design and estimation of warehouse storage solutions namely shelving, racking & mezzanine systems.
• Coordinated closely with all the departments within the organization of Shanghai Stow for different purposes, such as engineering to cater to both standard & non-standard requirements for projects.
• Liaised with planning department for scheduling of production and delivery of products for the Shanghai Stow as per customers’ requirements.
• Followed up with purchase department for planning and procuring non standard materials in order to make them available in time as per project schedule agreed with the customers.
• Worked jointly with production and factory team for preparatory work, preparation of list of raw materials and their usage, the process of production for all export orders.
• Ensured with shipping department for safe and damage proof packaging of export orders, proper loading into containers for safe transit at the same time maximizing container space utilization.
• Prepared bill of quantities for materials, costing sheets, quotations, installation drawings, training materials on products and project presentation contents.
• Planned, organized and conducted training programs, seminars and exhibitions for distributors to share information on products and also to seek feedback on new product development.
• Organized factory visits and project site visits for distributors and clients from different countries after arranging meetings with them and fixing mutually convenient time.