FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Nov 2021 - Present (2 years)
- Develops logos, brochures, posters, postcards, menus, flyers, web graphics, PowerPoint slide presentations, web ads, and business cards for small businesses and visual artists, campaign ads and literature for local elections, retouch damaged photos in Photoshop, etc.
- Maintains time constraints for special short and long term projects
- Enjoys interacting with coworkers and assisting others to meet deadlines and goals
May 2011 - Apr 2021 (9 years 11 months)
Exhibit high standards in communication skills, customer service and knowledge about the industry. Ability to carry out day-to-day tasks and prioritized to meet deadlines. Utilized technology to streamline daily tasks to finish in a time sensitive manner. Thrived in a consumer-driven work environment. Answered and responded back to high volume of telephone calls and emails. Dramatically decreased the tedious paperwork process forms and other documents on the computer and digitalize all documents by scanning them and saving them locally and into a cloud server. Responsible for keeping staff efficient and allowing them to make achieve goals and streamline their workflow.
- Improved office efficiency and customer service by overhauling previously disorganized filing system, calendar management, project management, promote team and company culture.
- Known as the “to-go person,” I created great visuals for the funeral home; for instance, I am always assigned to update the logo, retouch the pictures, help with the art direct of the funeral programs, design memorial blankets, etc.
- Trained staff members to perform daily operations in the office and at the funeral home
- Successfully prioritized immediate and secondary assignments to multitask and can work independently
STUDY ABROAD TO AFRICA
Jersey City, NJ
Jun 2008 - Jan 2010 (1 year 7 months)
- Designed the logo, mailing labels, business cards, post cards, flyers, social media images and pictures for the company's webpage to boost audience viewership
- Designed local college event posters, brochures, flyers, etc. using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Created contracts and other documents, emailed and sent documents to clients and attended college events
Art Director/Graphic Designer
New York, NY
Jan 2005 - Aug 2006 (1 year 7 months)
- Responsible for the entire layout and design for Fashion Mannuscript magazine with minimal supervision
- Performed photo retouching and image manipulation as needed
- Regularly worked within Adobe Creative Suite and QuarkXpress
- Communicated with the Creative Director on any necessary changes, feedback and final approval
- Improved design skills through hands-on experience
- Created InDesign templates for each feature and maintained a library of past works
- Collaborated with co-workers and other magazines to finish projects and review (blues) proofs for errors before printing
- Assisted fellow designers and editors with design projects including creating graphics, editing and layouts for marketing materials
- Thrived under pressure to meet deadlines
- Worked on branding projects, including ads, books, journals, booklets, etc.