- + Follow
Footwear Designer, Product Creator, Innovator
Inspired by inner mechanical workings and passionate about conceptualizing innovative, variable disruptive, and simple solutions out of complex, futuristic, and unseen product and process projections. A maker and a creator to my core; I'm magnetic to inspiring opportunity where I can utilize my fascination and experience in both the design and technical sides of product creation. •Strong imaginative vision and detailed eye for design and innovation with a big picture mindset •Generative design skills + hands on explorative approach •Inspired by process, automation, and custom manufacturing progression •Motivated learner, eager to share perspectives and inspire those around me •Experience working cross directionally within design, innovation, computational design, and manufacturing both domestically and internationally •Optimistic, genuinely passionate, and sincerely ambitious Reach out: Berin.B.Design@gmail.com http://bdzind.tumblr.com/
•Projecting forward and creating strategic advanced concepts in both lifestyle & performance.
•Pin pointing consumer centric insights, exploring trends, and uniquely applying modern construction methods while maintaining cost engineered patterns.
• A hovering innovative design asset for an array of product and footwear clients. Pushing forward and injecting impactful design strategy with the intent to encourage and inspire design direction. Utilizing advanced processes to conceptualize, innovate, and visualize both in-line product and advanced concepts. Bringing a fresh outlook to the table, and always striving to learn through new perspectives and personalities.
• Clients include: Columbia Sportswear, Humanity Innovation Labs, Pearl Izumi, Brunswick Bowling/KR Strikeforce Bowling, Opus Agency, Kroger/Fred Meyer, FGL Sports, etc.
• Constructed a futuristic project in sport performance innovation and designed to uniquely set apart NB as a brand. Created and built an innovative and inventive solution from concept to prototype that disrupts the market and projects a myriad of unique opportunities across multiple categories.
• Part of the global footwear design team for performance running and innovation. Worked on developing 2D to 3D processes that increase productivity, provide compelling visuals, implement sports data to design, and introduce future design methods. Conducted rapid prototyping utilizing additive manufacturing processes (Zcorp, SLS, Hytrel, Objet). Fabricated custom molds to explore material innovation and bring advanced concepts to life.
• Produced in-line concepts, 3D concept design, tech packs, color design, and contributed to creative vision for S16.
•In-line design for cycling footwear (on the market S16) and advanced concepts for running.
•Innovation projects for triathlon footwear and cycling insoles producing both in-line and futuristic concepts. Given broad directions to explore through rapid ideation and hand prototyping.
•Color design and technical packaging for 2016 MTB footwear.
• Honored with an incredible opportunity and introduction to product creation working directly with the VP of Product to design and develop for Callaway Golf. Simultaneously navigated an intensive hands-on training of footwear in factories: Last, Pattern, Tooling, Material, and Process. Lived and traveled in China for 3 months developing an intimate knowledge of manufacturing and development. A true cultural experience soaking up the other side of the globe.
• Learned how to create and execute both evolutionary and revolutionary concepts from a manufacturing stand point, engineer footwear patterns, anticipate development challenges, and communicate with factories accordingly.
• Produced concept sketches and renderings, color design, technical drawings, and material sourcing for 2015 ‘Chev’ (on the market) and ‘Solaire’. Developed into Proto I and Proto II.
• Conducted pattern and blueprint revisions in factories spending extended time on assembly lines
Scholarship recipient to Pensole's master class in association with Two Ten Footwear Foundation and the FN Platform trade show.
1st place winner of the Industrial Design Scholarship Competition at The Art Institute of Portland 2008. "The Economical Sports Car Engine", original concept presentation.