- + Follow
UI/UX/IA/Visual Design Direction
New York, NY
New York, NY
• Mentor Graphics: UX/UI/IA/Visual design, automation software
• Neuberger Berman: UX/UI/IA/Visual design, financial services
• LifePosts: UX/UI/IA/Visual design and branding, a startup subscription-based social platform
• Liqui-site agency: UX/UI/Visual design, various clients & projects
• Avon, Global e-Commerce & Order Management: UI/UX design
Creative direction and design of multiple site, mobile and enterprise software experiences for NYSE, increased customer engagement and extended the brand. Hands-on and key contributor of two digital re-brands of the New York Stock Exchange, aligning vision with product, business and marketing goals. Directed and designed new commercial market data ordering/billing platform.
• Hire/manage/mentor Visual designers, UX designer, front-end developers
• Champion user experience and design best practices
• Lead creative execution of large-scale projects participating in “Agile methodologies”
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand customer and business needs
• Work efficiently and independently under tight deadlines on multiple projects
• Ability to wear multiple hats and work hands-on in a collaborative environment
Conceptualize and design for print collateral and large-scale websites with a passion for typography, branding and UX. This also included across-brand templates to leverage content and marketing for greater promotion, resulting in outstanding ad and subscription performance.
Selected clients: Brides, Budget Travel, Columbia University, Condé Nast (Cookie, Domino, Glamour, Lucky, Vanity Fair), Expedia Travels, Hallmark, Ideeli, Ingram Digital, Insurance Information Institute, Jerome Greene Performance Space, Jewish Federation of North America, My College Guide, Palisades Library, Preston Bailey, Rachael Ray, Samsung, Scotchlovers, Vegetarian Times, WNYC and more.
As an in-house agency:
• Provided art direction, design, project management for various online publications
• Designed templates and best practices across wide range of websites
• Partnered with magazine clients, marketing and AOL
• Hired/managed/mentored designers, production assistants, freelancers
• Developed design and production strategy in a start-up environment
• Partnered with NBC producers, NBC TV graphics and Microsoft staff in Seattle
• Collaborated with company divisions for strategic brand development of on-air promotion
• Designed user-interface for Interactive TV
• Design of overseas, domestic and special issues
• Commissioned illustration and photo selection
• UI/UX for Newsweek Interactive in conjunction with Prodigy
Creative direction, redesign for new brand of Restaurant Business magazine, art directed on-location photo shoots, commissioned illustration and photography, managed department.
As an ongoing freelance art director, I designed various pages and sections of the paper:
Book Review, Op-Ed pages, Living, Sunday Business, Weekend, Week in Review, Education, Careers and Tax Supplements on daily deadline, including assignment of illustration and photo selection.
Start-up Videotex project: interactive publishing that delivered content on a user's TV via phone
lines or cable. Designed entire news service, including templates and interactive graphics; hired,
managed and mentored creative and production teams.
Start-up Teletext project with Time Inc.: Interactive news service, content and advertising
delivery via broadcast signals. As a freelance designer, I created interactive advertising for gaming client Atari, used on the Teletext service.
PARSONS SCHOOL OF DESIGN, Bachelor of Fine Arts , GENERAL ASSEMBLY, UX Design Immersion