Owner/Art Director/Graphic Designer/Web Designer/Illustrator
Nov 2006 - Present (14 years 7 months)
Freelance Web Designer/Graphic Designer/Art Director/Illustrator and owner of business that produces and manages projects including marketing communications, product launches, advertising, web design, publishing, packaging, illustration, infographics, business cards, logos, brochures, labels, trade show signage, catalogs, and photography projects for a number of area agencies and companies.
Web Development Specialist
State of Wisconsin – Department of Military Affairs
Mar 2018 - Mar 2019 (1 year)
- Developed WordPress websites, working onsite at Joint Force Headquarters with Wisconsin National Guard and Wisconsin Emergency Management in Public Affairs and Service Member Support Divisions
- Web enhancements and updates to WordPress websites, consulted with stakeholders suggesting improvements on site architecture, user experience, content and hosting.
- Built wireframes and final sites, posted blog articles. Tested themes and plugins to find best options for various features.
- Attended Wisconsin Governor’s Cybersecurity Summit, gained knowledge of various internet security issues, photographed and promoted through web site and social media.
- Created kids’ patch illustration designs for Service Member Support Group Badger Youth Camp.
- Recipient of Family Program Crystal Award from the Service Member Support Group, Wisconsin National Guard.
New Berlin, WI
Jul 2017 - Aug 2017 (1 month)
- Web enhancements and updates to landmarkcu.com including a focus on an ADA project using PowerMapper site software to fix hundreds of front end issues that enable readers to scan the web pages more completely.
- Worked with agency to produce new responsive landing pages formatted into Sitefinity CMS system to support updated branding used in a new ad campaign including testing with BrowserStack site software.
Digital Marketing Web Development Specialist
Aug 2014 - Jul 2016 (1 year 11 months)
- Posted news blurbs and new sections from content team which appeared on representatives’ web sites.
- Troubleshooted/tested and improved functionality, features and user experience of software working with vendor to identify and resolve issues. Consulted with field sales force and internal marketing team partners including, conference calls, gathering information, obtaining internal compliance approvals, streamlining processes, and managing multiple changing projects.
Menomonee Falls, WI
Jan 2012 - Jul 2012 (6 months)
Web Designer digitally designed retail graphics for kohls.com, repurposed images for HTML page layouts of department equities and special event pages. Worked on most departments including: For The Home, Teen, Mens, Jewelry and others. Searched for photos, retouched with Photoshop, built HTML pages. Coordinated with writers and production departments, directed them as issues arose to ensure desired look and results.
Jun 2008 - Sep 2009 (1 year 3 months)
Designed and produced a CD of dealer tools (on-line, sales, marketing and training) to help dealership staff become more effective at selling parts & accessories. Created wholesale catalogs, interactive electronic sale catalogs and web banners. Designed and produced numerous signage, surveys and hangtags of new product offerings at national dealer meetings. Layout and production from start to finish of a 76-page retail catalog for Buell.