Director of Marketing
Apr 2011 - Present (11 years 1 month)
• Provide direction in terms of planning, development and the implementation of all internal and external marketing strategies, branding, communication and public relations activities.
• Managed the creative development and design for 6 unique concepts in a manner that maintains the integrity of each brand.
• Create, implement and continually measure the success of all aspects of the marketing programs and campaigns to identify solutions to enhance the company’s image and position within the marketplace and community.
• Develop both short and long-term plans and budgets for each store, continually evaluating performance and return on investment (ROI).
• Produced and manage a number of programs and campaigns with the owners and management that engage and inform new and existing customers about the brand through traditional and social media applications.
• Maintain comprehensive responsibility for the editorial direction, content, design and production of all marketing collateral including digital and print usage including posters, ads, fliers and advertising among other materials.
• Continually analyze the performance of social media programs, sharing the findings and results with business stakeholders on a regular basis.
• Serve as an internal consultant bringing attention and solutions related to the company’s goals, priorities and objectives.
• Lead in terms of web design through the use of WordPress and online template and search engine optimization (SEO) management.
• Monitor new trends in both social applications and marketing for using in future project and campaigns while overseeing social media content to ensure consistent brand exposure.
Freelance Graphic Designer
VGA Design, LLC
May 2009 - Present (13 years)
• Serve as a freelance designer and marketing director for a number of independent clients using a number of avenues to successfully market to target audiences.
• Utilize a number of channels including radio, print, TV, social media, web, direct mailers, event planning and grassroots campaigns to achieve the desired end-results.
• Oversee all creative projects, translating marketing goals into creative strategies and ensuring visual consistency across various media.
• Responsible for the production of all marketing pieces including the artistic development, management of corporate publications and the development of ad campaigns.
• Worked on the rebranding of an entire salon, creating a salon culture with a mission statement, a loyalty program and developing client experience awareness and a comprehensive marketing plan that delivered the following results:
o A 600% increase in client growth within 6-months of the implementation of the new marketing plan and an increase in profit 166% from 30,000 a month to $80,000 a month.
o Produced a 70% retention rate with an average of 45 new clients monthly, up from the previous 24% retention rate.
o Doubled the sales of the salon after one year from $454,000 in 2009 to $985,000 in 2010.
o Established exclusivity as the “Official Salon” of the Denver Nuggets Dancers.
o Ranked 4th out of 167 hair salons in the 2010 Denver’s 7 A-List contest.
o Achieved an organic Google search ranking of 3rd through the use of popular keywords.
Product Event Manager
Jan 2009 - Apr 2011 (2 years 3 months)
• Managed a number of highly successful events and promotions for Bacardi Brands International to specific target markets, coordinating all on-site promotional events including logistics, set-up and staff management.
• Created highly informational PowerPoint presentation that highlighted critical information in a clear, concise manner.
• Maintained responsibility for the design and layout of event materials, brainstorming and presenting concepts to clients to ensure satisfaction.
Director of Events & Marketing
Sage Restaurant Group
Jan 2007 - Dec 2009 (2 years 11 months)
• Managed both on and off-site events for 2 distinct restaurants, forecasting a marketing plan that attracted new customers while retaining a growing consumer based using both traditional and social media.
• Booked, designed and executed corporate and social events, writing customized proposals, contracts, planning menus, writing event orders, managing staff, design layouts of the event set-up and client invoicing.
• Translated marketing goals into creative strategies, ensuring visual consistency across various media channels.
o Exceeded revenue goals for one of the restaurants by 57% with the goal being $180,000 and the actual revenue at $238,000 in 2008.
o Delivered exceptional results in April of 2009 exceeding the revenue goal by 44%.
Jul 2004 - Dec 2006 (2 years 5 months)
Marketing and Adveritsing to the Latin market. TV, print, graphic design, PR, radio, concerts and night clubs - I oversaw a multitude of projects and coordinated street teams and a calendar of events.
Mar 2002 - Oct 2006 (4 years 7 months)
Independent interpreter for medical situations.