Designer of Everything
Sep 2017 - Present (4 years 1 month)
Concept to sampling to production of trade show exhibits and retail displays and systems.
Jan 2014 - Aug 2015 (1 year 7 months)
Clients: Kraft, Mondelez, Unilever, Henkel, Campbell's
Support the creation of measurable value and strategic competitive advantage through structural packaging and display designs which drive product demand and optimize client supply chain efficiencies.
Oct 2012 - Jan 2014 (1 year 3 months)
Clients: Lancôme, Elizabeth Arden, Giorgio Armani, Sephora, Ulta, Deborah Lippmann, Daniel Thompson
• Created concept sketches, renders, presentations & detail packages maintaining creative/technical integrity.
• Designed counter units, shelving systems, endcaps & store environments using metal, acrylic, wood, LED
lighting, thermoforming & CNC machining, collaborating with production, graphics & sales teams.
• Applied knowledge of visual merchandising design requirements for effective in-store customer navigation.
Industrial & Packaging Design Lead
May 2008 - Aug 2012 (4 years 3 months)
Executed on innovation
Clients: Apple, Logitech, Belkin, NUK, Pure Fishing
• Led brainstorming sessions by translating marketing insights into inspiration for design team.
• Directed creative projects from ideation to concept generation, refinement & presentation for key clients.
• Acquired expertise translating brand messages into tangible packages.
• Developed first seal-to-shape/3D blistercard design working with vendors on tooling & production.
• Significant contributor named on 13 pending US patents (design & utility).
Developed new processes to manage key projects
Client: The Home Depot
• Managed transition of 100+ SKUs sourced from 13 companies, manufactured by 13 different factories in Asia.
• Directed 5 designers, achieving manufacturing efficiencies & cohesive shelf presence.
• Acted as hub between retailer, graphics agency, tool suppliers, sales & technical teams & Chinese factories.
• Achieved tight retail launch targets.
• Successfully delivered $1.5 million project leading to contract for redesign of CE Tech accessories packaging.
• Consulted on-site at The Home Depot to manage launch of the CE Tech project (160+ SKUs).
Drove a collaborative, creative studio culture
Client: MWV Internal Team Development
• Instituted First Fridays, a monthly design department gathering to inspire & inform on successes & learnings.
• Prioritized collaboration & growth by organizing visits to converting facilities to educate & connect resources.
• Led creation of giant beverage carton “monster” for a community Inlight art event.
• Success of Design Department evidenced by its near doubling in size between 2008-2012.
Treasuring Christ Church
Oct 2007 - Sep 2010 (2 years 11 months)
Utilized understanding of branding to design logo, banners & print materials with team under tight deadlines; organized & executed art exhibition at downtown, historic facility
Aug 2006 - Feb 2008 (1 year 6 months)
Designed complimentary form and graphics of promotional and retail products; developed ability to design rapidly, meeting low price-point requirements: sketched, designed, 3D modeled desk accessories & promotional products designed product catalogue & trade show display developed eye for applying colors, patterns & materials gained skills communicating design to non-designers
Marketing, Graphic & Web Designer
Triangle Transit Authority
Research Triangle Park, NC
Jan 2006 - Dec 2006 (11 months)
Promoted alternative transit leveraging my passion for design and environmental issues; utilized understanding of branding to design logo banners & print materials with team under tight deadlines organized & executed art exhibition at downtown historic facility Promoted alternative transit leveraging my passion for design and environmental issues