Over the past several years, I have immersed myself in the financial industry as a “Jack-of-all-trades” in the marketing and events world. In my current position at the Community Bankers Association of Ohio, I take on multiple roles inclusive of handling every aspect of the association’s events — from pre-planning to execution. I genuinely enjoy event planning and thrive in as part of a collaborative team.
My current responsibilities involve a wide array of tasks, including:
- Developing, managing and promoting for all association events
- Securing sponsorship funds for all association events
- Negotiating and managing contracts with venues and vendors
- Directing marketing strategy and coordination
- Editing and producing quarterly printed magazine and weekly electronic newsletter
While my experiences with the association are vast, event planning is my primary function (and my sweet spot). For our annual convention, I serve as the primary contact for all facets of the event. I am responsible for selecting the venues, negotiating contracts, creating the agenda, developing the central theme, booking speakers and entertainment, determining food and beverage needs, organizing the trade show, soliciting sponsors and managing our budget. I also plan and manage several one-day regional meetings with golf outings, association board meetings and dinners, Memorial Tournament hospitality house, and legislative events.