Industrial Design Engineer
Premier Store Fixtures
Dec 2017 - Jul 2018 (7 months)
• Worked on a diverse variety of store fixtures for major national retailers in the Department Store, Sporting Goods, Footwear, Clothing, and Food Service retail markets.
• Collaborated with the Design Team, Engineering, Account Managers, Prototyping, and Manufacturing to develop designs from conceptual stage to prototyping and production.
• Created complete 3D models and drawings for production in Solidworks and AutoCAD for production by internal manufacturing and external vendors.
Jan 2013 - Sep 2017 (4 years 8 months)
• Worked on a diverse variety of furniture including Healthcare Furniture, Residential Furniture, Home Theater Furniture, and Coated Foam Furniture.
• Collaborated with Sales Managers to drive Product Development of new product, customer requested design improvements, and cost saving measures.
• Assisted in the startup of stateside manufacturing for existing customer furniture developed and built over seas:
• Evaluated existing structural components and foam materials and determined how existing designs fit into core
competencies for manufacturing and vendor capabilities.
• Directed cost saving measures where appropriate.
• Created 3D models of all structural and foam components. Provided vendors with component drawings and
evaluated production samples for prototypes and testing.
• Project Engineer duties for the launch of new products:
• Coordinated with vendors to have sample components built.
• Collaborated with Prototyping Department to build initial prototypes.
• Created Bills of Material.
• Supervised 1st run production builds for quality assurance.
• Created assembly instructions for manufacturing.
• Collaborated with Sales Team to 3D model and create drawings for all custom product quote requests for Sixinch North America.
Architectural Stone Designer
Jan 2011 - Dec 2012 (1 year 11 months)
Custom architectural stone design firm and installation specialists.
• Created 3D Models of carved stone architectural elements such as fireplaces, fountains, staircases, and other structural elements using AutoDesk Inventor.
• Collaborated with installation team and other design staff to create technical drawings for production by overseas carved stonework vendors.
• Read and interpreted Architectural site plans to develop documentation for quotes.
• Maintained and updated back end of company website, wrote informational articles, ran a social media campaign, and optimized website for Search Engine Optimization.
Nov 2007 - Apr 2010 (2 years 5 months)
Manufacturer of high quality furniture specifically for use in Healthcare environments.
• Collaborated with Engineering and R&D departments in Product Development efforts.]
• Created technical drawings for use within house millwork operations and outside vendors which were used for production.
• Researched and created sketches, 3D models and renderings for conceptual development of new products and customer specific designs.
• Generated renderings for customer approval of custom ordered product.
• Created 3D models from which production ready upholstery patterns were generated using specialized 3D Upholstery Design software.
Nov 2004 - Nov 2007 (3 years)
Manufacturer of residential furniture and upholstered accessories.
• Created technical drawings, detailed construction procedure instructions, and addressed quality control issues with overseas manufacturers, resulting in the successful start up of overseas production for 12 products.
• Produced all company graphic design work including collateral materials, 2 full catalogs, price lists, and post color correction of product photography.
• Assisted in space layout, fixture design, setup, and sales support for several trade shows.
Freelance Industrial Designer
Sep 2006 - Nov 2006 (2 months)
Product design consultant firm
Developed conceptual ideas for a line of cookware, utensils, and other accessories in collaboration with Engineering and Design Staff for client wishing to launch a new business.
Industrial Design Intern
Iron River, MI
May 2003 - Aug 2003 (3 months)
Electrical engineering consulting service.
* CAD drawing, researching, small electric motor testing and basic mechanical prototyping.
Industrial Design Intern
DuPont Engineering Polymers
May 2002 - Aug 2002 (3 months)
Plastics supplier and engineering services.
Researching, conceptualizing, sketching, rendering, developing sales presentations, and building basic physical prototypes.