DIRECTOR OF CREATIVE SERVICES
Lifetime Brands Inc.
Garden City, NY
Aug 2006 - Present (14 years 10 months)
* Responsible for managing creative team for $500 million leading housewares manufacturer. * Over 30 national brands with up to nine catogories for each brand. * Responsible for all licensed products and packaging including KitchenAid , Cuisinart , Farberware and Mikasa * Manage creative staff of 30, maintain budgets for all internal and external costs. * Work directly with executive management, marketing, sales and customers on all programs and promotions. * Developed and designed multible Web sites including directing the branding, photography and content. * Managed photography and copy groups from start up, 3,500 new items per year. * Saved company over 50% of photography costs by renegotiating and sending work overseas. * Spearheaded the development, implementation of an online project management system. * Researched operational standards and instituted efficiencies reducing on-line product launch timing by 50%. * Oversee and develop all trade show creative and budget components. * Direct creative staff consisting of designers, copywriters, photographers, illustrators and outside creative resources to create web design, e-blasts, packaging, product concepts, corporate literature, POP and video production.
Yes Solutions Inc. (a Time Warner/Bertelsmann Partenership)
Garden City, NY
* Developed and organized the launch of in-house services to be marketed to B2B and B2C companies. * Responsible for concept and development of website, print and sales collateral. * Launched and developed websites in 30 days from concept to finish. Designed and photographed seven interactive catalogs with direct links from catalog.
Bookspan Inc. (a Bertelsmann Directgroup Company)
Garden City, NY
* Responsible for concept and development of new mailings for direct-to-consumer, as well as strategic print media campaigns and consumer retainment catalogs for three divisions. * Created a new media format and internal style for a CD-Rom catalog. Designed an internal format for developing future CD-Rom projects. * Developed a strong working relationship with colleagues and teams throughout the company, which promoted outstanding communications, creative excellence and common goals. * Contained costs by eliminating the need for outside sources during increased workloads. * Developed new internal schedules, which significantly improved productivity of staff and other departments, while still meeting departmental goals.
SENIOR ART DIRECTOR
Harrison Leifer Miller & Speyer
Rockville Centre, NY
* Created national print ads, catalogs, brochures, audio-visual productions, continuities, newsletters, and direct mail projects, as well as label/package design and website graphics for healthcare and high tech clients. * Teamed with account executives to identify and obtain new customers. * Organized work flow, managed graphic design and marketing teams. * Managed all aspects of outside sourcing including photographers, writers and illustrators.
Cooper Leder Marcomm Advertising
Lake Success, NY
* Designed, created and finalized all print ads and brochures for healthcare clients. * Led creative team interaction with all clients. * Clients included Jansen Pharmaceutical, Safeskin Corp., Lorad, Inc., Darby Drug Co. and others.
Bloom Design & Advertising