Dec 2013 - Present (7 years 7 months)
Freelance Graphic Designer
Jan 2009 - Present (12 years 6 months)
Graphic Design, Branding, and Marketing Material. Work history includes:
-God Had Other Plans: Published book by Heather D. Nelson. Designed logos and branding material for business cards, post cards and posters.
-HERCO Equipment, Inc.
Logo, branding, and web design for a major hydraulic repair company in the Dallas area.
Commissioned for re-creation of original artwork for clients.
Work history includes:
-Family Portraits with pencil and pastel
-18x24 size replicas of original personal works. Medium: pencil, charcoal, and pastels.
Jul 2003 - Nov 2013 (10 years 4 months)
• Team orientation: Work jointly with sales and warehouse teams to ship products to customers on time to meet and exceed the company’s quality and financial goals.
• Strong work ethic: Constantly consolidating warehouse inventory to streamline shipping and receiving processes.
• Adaptability: Actively staying up to date with new safety and operating procedures, including annual ISO (International Organization for Standardization) checks, and annual forklift operator certifications involving standard tests and training.
• Microsoft Office Suite: Keeping in tight communication with company on shipping and receiving specifications, including completing documents and spreadsheets on vendors, procedures, and product inventory information.
Oct 2012 - Sep 2013 (11 months)
• Customer service: Educating shoppers about products in detail to ensure complete satisfaction and understanding before purchasing.
• Dependability: Accurately managing online orders efficiently by holding correct items for customer pick-ups, accelerating the store’s standing to number one in OMS (Order Management System.)
• Leadership: Actively participating in Best Buy e-learnings for training and knowledge of company’s operations, thereby setting an example for achieving bronze, silver and gold ‘Path to Excellence’ status.
Interim Youth Director
Northside Baptist Church
Jan 2006 - Oct 2006 (9 months)
• Teaching: Held classes for up to 15 students to improve knowledge of various biblical subjects.
• Verbal Communication: Effectively delivered course content and lessons to middle school-aged students in a simple, easy to understand manner.
• Responsibility: Frequently managed field trips and events for students, gaining trust with parents and church staff.