Jan 2019 - Present (2 years 9 months)
The objective is to produce looks-like/works-like prototypes of panels, labels, and printed electronic components. A day in the life of the Rapid Proto Technician will involve several of the following: Adobe Illustrator, Autodesk, a screen press, a dark room, films & emulsions, stinky chemicals, a laser, an FDM 3D printer, an SLA 3D printer, and more!
Prop Designer & Prop Maker
Aug 2016 - Jul 2017 (11 months)
• Designed and fabricated fictional weapons and sundry other props for a feature length scifi film (Wood, metal, casting resins, 3D printing)
• Drove 3D design & modeling for printed components
• Engineered and implemented solutions for functional props and practical effects
• Worked with actors on set for practical effects
Industrial Design & Engineering Manager
Jun 2015 - Jul 2016 (1 year 1 month)
• Managed product development process from concept to manufacturing
• Produced CAD parts, assemblies, renderings, and technical drawings with geometric dimensioning & tolerancing
• Established and maintained relationships with vendors and manufacturing partners for injection molded, milled, laser-cut, and 3D printed parts
• Maintained ITAR compliance for federally regulated products
Sr. Industrial Designer
Feb 2010 - Apr 2015 (5 years 2 months)
• Designed products for catalog items and bespoke commissions
• Consistently produced concepts that informed the brand’s unique style of design solutions - transformative, modular, functional, fanciful features
• Developed manufacturing processes & documentation for in-house manufacturing teams
• Produced hand sketches, CAD models, physical prototypes, and finished hand-crafted products
• Designed, produced, & maintained all tradeshow booth components
Industrial Design Consultant
Nov 2012 - Jul 2014 (1 year 8 months)
Consulted XBox engineering team on technical solutions for consumer products. Provided communicative ideation sketches, renderings, and CAD models to illustrate ideas to disparate teams and overseas prototyping facilities.
Sep 2013 - Mar 2014 (6 months)
Oversaw wood-shop and provided woodworking and design expertise at need. Provided general assistance to all other MakerHaus members. Provide general site maintenance including design and fabrication of installations.
EagleView Technologies, Inc.
Oct 2008 - May 2010 (1 year 7 months)
Developed in-house data logistics and tracking tools. Designed and implemented aspects of website. Designed aspects of proprietary core software.
Nintendo of America
Sep 2007 - Jun 2008 (9 months)
Performed and documented rigorous quality-assurance checks on software in development. Identified programming issues, graphic and audio corruptions, design inconsistencies, and errors in logic and ruling systems.
Aug 2005 - May 2007 (1 year 9 months)
Designed fully-immersive kinesthetic learning environments and experiential learning exhibits. Performed research related to pedagogical methodology, behavioral psychology, and field behavior pertaining to accoustics, magnetism, and electromagnetism. Led ideation teams. Presented to advisory panels.
Virginia Tech Transportation Institute
May 2006 - Dec 2006 (7 months)
Assisted in human factors research and testing for several Intelligent Transportation Systems programs in accordance with Internal Review Board regulations. Reduced field data. Produced field data documentation.