TitleProduct Manager: Special Projects & Ancillary Equipment Military & Professional
Aqua Lung Military and Professional
Apr 2020 - Present (10 months)
• Plan, develop, design, draft and execute the goals and objectives set for assigned projects and products.
• Manage and coordinate projects and products as the interface between various divisions, company departments, public and/or private sector agencies and end user groups/customers.
• Conduct research, provide data, make recommendations, and implement solutions to achieve overall project goals and objectives.
• Seek and evaluate information from a variety of internal and external sources.
• Provide specialized reports and analytics as requested.
• Prepare and deliver product presentations and demonstrations.
• Suggest and implement solutions to address new and/or ongoing problems identified within the M&P product management system.
• Assist in preparing and monitoring budgets relating to Special Projects & Accessories projects while ensuring the scope of the projects fits the budget and that each project phase is completed within the scheduled timeline.
• Serve as the PM representative at conferences and meetings.
• Perform any project related duties and fulfill responsibilities as required.
• Ensure product quality is maintained and track quality trends and expectations.
• Ensure data sheets, USP’s and Key features are highlighted, accurate, updated and published.
• Participate in prototype and production testing and assessments.
• Make timely and ethical decisions both systematically and under pressure.
• Participate in Military and Professional meetings and other committees, groups, and task forces as assigned.
Sr. Industrial Designer / Product Development Manager
Jan 2018 - Apr 2020 (2 years 3 months)
- Full oversight of product categories boots, gloves, bags, knives, hoods and wetsuits
- Developed and implemented a 5-year plans
- Sourced new suppliers while establishing a "consolidated purchasing program" to leverage our purchasing power
- Collaborated with "the world's premier maritime commandos" to design new products
- Implemented a sales and market analysis on our neoprene strategy to re-designing the full product line, launch globally applicable products, reduce SKU count by 36%, increase margin by 3% and establish a marketable universal image
- Managed the implementation of a global data transfer from local ERP systems to a centralized MDM, Oracle for boots, bags, gloves, knives, wetsuits and hoods including part numbers, EAN's, UPC's, BOM's, FOB's, MOQ's and testing certificate status
- Led global Scuba marketplace trend and consumer analysis for graphics, colors, treatments, trims and packaging applications resulting in internationally accepted products before salesmen samples are shown to consumers
- Work with licensed brand names such as: Michael Phelps and Phillipe Cousteau Jr.
Sr Industrial Designer
Aqua Lung / Deep See
Nov 2012 - Jan 2018 (5 years 2 months)
- Designed, developed and launch boots, gloves, bags knives and wetsuits for Aqua Lung
- Advanced material research and concept ideation with a focus on trim and construction
- Implemented Scuba marketplace trend and consumer analysis with a focus on SKU reduction and consistency
- Development of technical specifications for communication with foreign factories
- Strategized design with manufacturing to drive retail price targets * Presented seasonal product launches with global affiliates
CAD Designer: Kitchen Textiles
Town and Country Living
New York, NY
Aug 2010 - Sep 2012 (2 years 1 month)
- Designed and illustrate unique textile constructions
- Successfully expanded over 397 designs for merchandising in Costco, Target and Walmart generating over $4,000,000.00 in revenue
- Worked directly with factories in China and India
- Developed trend and brand analysis for Keurig, Corelle, Kitchen-Aid, Ralph Lauren, Fiestaware, Guy Fieri, Calvin Klein, Vera & Farberware
- Presented concepts and sales presentations for kitchen textile license agreements
Hardlines Technical Designer & Consultant
Aug 2008 - Apr 2010 (1 year 8 months)
- Designed new camouflage pattern for SWAT and other Law enforcement teams - Drafted soft goods for production
- Designed T-shirt graphics for 5.11 Tactical's target market
- Developed and maintain the hardlines technical library including all bags, pouches, holsters, belts, pads, watches, glasses, knives and hats
- Made (BOM) bill of materials and establish pricing for each product
- Communicated prototype changes and specifications to factories
Intern Industrial Designer
May 2007 - Jan 2008 (8 months)
- Worked with US Special Forces to develop new technologies including heating systems and masks for HALO diving suits, bullet proof chassis, and pouches
- Prototyped concepts from patterns built in PAD, casting bullet proof plates, build fiberglass HALO diving masks, prototype temperature control & circulatory systems on HALO diving suit