Aug 2020 - Present (1 year 2 months)
Freelance Consultancy executing tailormade contractual design work for global clients. With a 360 degrees overview from the concept, trends and design fase through to the final product spanning apparel, accessories, graphics, trends & footwear.
Lead Designer of Sport at Hummel
Jun 2015 - Present (6 years 4 months)
Lead Designer for team sport, sport retail and lifestyle sport - representing the global sports consumer on and off the pitch
• Leading the design division into global growth applying the most cutting edge design, materials and trim innovation
• Created specialized and personal design solutions for football teams across Europe including national teams
• Drove engineered material innovation and high performance apparel creating lightweight game day gear
• Build an off-pitch conceptual approach blending function and lifestyle in a refined a modern way.
• Designed opening price point sports retail apparel, which bridged the gap between athlete and spectator.
Head of Design
May 2013 - Jun 2015 (2 years 1 month)
Creative direction for Men’s, Women’s and Youth Whitewater Sport and SUP Lifestyle for the USA, EU and Asia Pacific performance and lifestyle apparel market
• Lead the company’s apparel line with continued growth of 300+% p.a.
• Building innovative high performance lines to anticipate the next generation of whitewater kayakers.
• Blend trend experience with innovative aesthetics and silhouettes without compromising 100% WP standards.
• Supervise the in-house design lab in the process of pattern and proto-type creation.
Oct 2010 - May 2013 (2 years 7 months)
Senior accountability for Men’s inline Sport, Lifestyle, and SMU for the USA and EU Performance and Lifestyle Apparel market
• Directed the company’s most important category encompassing 45% of total business revenue.
• Established strong design direction based on market and trend research.
• Ensured feasibility of design execution in alignment with price tiering for both USA and global markets.
• Worked with Men’s Training team to ensure that product diversity and relevance aligned with business objectives.
Head of Sport
London, United Kingdom
Mar 2008 - Sep 2010 (2 years 6 months)
Active Wear Youth Street and Sport Trend Analysis for the Global Performance and Lifestyle Product and Apparel markets
• Managed and directed the in-house trend analysts in creating seasonal active wear trend directions in alignment with macro trends established by Think Tank.
• Analyzed and envisioned trends including material innovation, silhouette, graphic, and apparel directions.
• Directed Trendtracks, which was created in collaboration with regional offices in Hong Kong, New York, and Los Angeles.
• Supervised freelance agents in Vancouver, London, Biarritz, Sydney, Bern, and Tokyo.
Jan 2000 - Nov 2007 (7 years 10 months)
Men’s Lifestyle and Skate for the Global Apparel market
• Built strong conceptual, global directions based on design innovation and cultural change expressing the unconscious needs of today’s mindful consumer.
• Incorporated alternative and sustainable resources for fabrics in response to the global awareness.
Men’s Outerwear for Europe and Russia markets
• Designed market-relevant outerwear satisfying needs in multiple countries simultaneously.
• Fulfilled consumer awareness within the specific markets while driving innovation and functionality.
• United distinctive multipurpose details in a diverse individual product category thereby creating a cohesive story while allowing each jacket to be an exclusive item.
Men’s inline Sport, Lifestyle, and SMU for the whole USA Apparel market from mid-tier price points to department stores
• Researched the USA and global apparel market, driving concepts, materials, and trims to achieve innovation in mid-tier markets.
• Designed segmented product lines for department stores elevating brand perception.
• Launched the Men’s Lifestyle collection and grew line to a $1,000,000 business while simultaneously designing the Core & Core+ lines. Total gross sales were 40% of the entire apparel volume.
Product Design II
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Mar 1997 - Dec 1999 (2 years 9 months)
Kids Boy’s and Little Boy’s spanning all Asia Pacific countries for Spring/Summer 2000 to 2001
• Handled a variety of design responsibilities including conducting and analyzing market research and sourcing fabric and trim through suppliers.
• Aligned market and silhouette trends with fabric and trim trends for the seasonal direction presentation.
• Prepared and presented the first design reviews introducing lines to management and relevant countries.
Soccer and Basketball Training, Team, and Promotion for Men, Women and Kids in the Asia Pacific region
• Managed and adapted designs from the Global Soccer and Basketball lines making them relevant for the Asia Pacific region.
• Designed promotional products for the regional soccer and basketball teams that kept with global design direction while satisfying the teams’ needs.