Senior Copywriter, Creative Services, Rx (Pharmacy and Healthcare)
Dec 2014 - Present (6 years 10 months)
Research, create and develop strategic and effective copy and campaigns for all retail pharmacy marketing platforms.
I am responsible for the full range of creative and strategic copy development as the only retail pharmacy and healthcare senior copywriter.
• Delivers impactful copy with a consistent brand voice for direct mail, retail signage, point-of-sale, advertising, digital, radio and ad hoc copy requests in a highly deadline-driven environment
• Creatively concepts promotional, informational and educational materials for immunizations (flu, whooping cough, pneumonia, shingles), diabetes, Medicare Parts B and D, heart health, Medicaid, Vitamin Angels, cause campaigns, campus security, wellness, optical, travel health, government, other healthcare services and products, plus owned brands such as snacks, cleaning products, candles and vitamins.
Senior Digital Copywriter/Senior Content Architect--Contractor
Jun 2014 - Dec 2014 (6 months)
Conceptualized and wrote complex content for UX/UI team with focus on technical and instructional copy for connected smart home product areas (MyQ technology) of the Chamberlain and LiftMaster brand websites and apps.
• Sole creative and technical UX copywriter for consumer and dealer iOS/Android apps
• Researched and delivered strategic content guidelines to significantly improve
• Collaborated with UX designers, web developers, engineers, the design strategist and
product managers to produce B2C/B2B projects
Senior Copywriter, Brand Strategy Creative
May 2013 - May 2014 (1 year)
I created innovative copy for a variety of projects including online media placements, social media, the OfficeMax web site, retail consumer and business-to-business print, in-store radio commercials and collateral materials for the Branding team...the in-house creative Advertising agency. I specialized in developing and presenting strategic and creative communication concepts which conveyed the OfficeMax brand (for Office Depot, Inc.) and were visually appealing to the creative team and support business goals of brand consistency.
I also led the creative support of consumer and business to business initiatives, while also helping OfficeMax build its brand through design excellence and visual consistency.
• Collaborated with art directors, project managers, creative directors and internal clients to develop and present inventive consumer and B2B ads, social media, website product and services content, direct mail, in-store radio commercials and marketing collateral
• Created original name and interactive messaging for social media makeover contest. The Power Up Your Business campaign generated thousands of views on Facebook
Advertising Copy Supervisor
2007 - 2013 (6 years)
Managed Advertising Copywriters and Proofreaders in the OfficeMax, Inc. Advertising department (part of the Marketing Department). We produced customer emails, direct mail, catalog pages, Sunday retail circulars, web site copy, packaging, signage, etc.
• Ensured product copy met strict guidelines for brands such as Fellowes, Bic, HP and Panasonic
• Led team that reduced errors 44% in three years on $1 billion B2B catalog
• Helped redesign Advertising workflow and improve processes that resulted in a 25% decrease
in production time
• Trained, managed and gave creative direction to ten freelance, two full-time copywriters and two proofreaders to achieve strategic marketing goals for several catalogs, including the annual
1,200-page, business-to-business OfficeMax catalog plus websites, direct mail and special projects
• Communicated marketing and merchandising goals to the Copy team in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment
1995 - 2007 (12 years)
Wrote and edited promotional materials—including product feature and benefit copy, customer emails, direct mail, print ads and institutional copy targeted to retail, commercial and enterprise markets—for the OfficeMax and Reliable brands.
• Managed creative coordination of Grand Opening direct mail and retail wraps plus Acquisition and Retention direct mail
• Coordinated email campaigns to promote office and technology products
• Created and updated product information for online product websites, catalogs and special projects
• Created catalog copy, promotional materials, print ads and institutional copy for the Reliable Office Supplies brand
Brand Manager of ProSportsMemorabilia.com
2006 - 2007 (1 year)
Responsible for marketing and increasing conversion rate of sports memorabilia web site: prosportsmemorabilia.com.
• Managed web, email and direct mail promotions
• Increased Black Friday sales by 12% compared to prior year on Prosportsmemorabilia.com
Freelance Advertising (Agency) Copywriter
2000 - 2000
Wrote and honed ads, promotional pieces, developed product names and created headlines
for clients such as Armour, Butterball, Eckrich, Heineken and Weber
1993 - 1995 (2 years)
• Conceived, managed and implemented in-house United Way campaigns that resulted in exceeding
donation goals by 25% ($25,000) and led team that won eight United Way Communications Awards
• Coordinated and developed promotional materials with merchandisers,
marketing managers, designers and vendors
• Wrote portions of 1,500-page electronics industry product catalog, print ads, direct mail and collateral
• Conducted strategic planning meetings with product managers and vendors
1992 - 1993 (1 year)
• Planned, wrote, edited and proofread catalog copy for home fashions, recreation, sporting goods,
automotive and electronics for the Big Books, monthlies and Wish Book
• Worked with product buyers, designers and editors to create successful catalog page presentations
Advertising Copywriter Intern
Ross Inc. Advertising Agency
1991 - 1991
Researched, concepted and wrote promotional flyers, brochures, trade show materials and radio commercials for clients such as The Boy Scouts of America, Decatur Electronics and Caterpillar