Creative Director & Co-Founder
Rockstarchitecture / Studio 137, Inc.
Nov 2007 - Present (13 years 8 months)
Develop and nurture client relationships. Work hand in hand with clients to conceptualize total projects and establish project goals and objectives, ensuring that key priorities for the development of the design and understood and met. Initiate and prepare concept presentations, design drawings and construction documents. Coordinate with clients and consultants, ensuring project timelines and objectives and delivered. Manage business marketing and development, write proposals and determine project schedules and budgets.
Recent Projects I have worked on:
- The Amsterdam Social (1,100 SqFt Restaurant/Lounge Design - New York, NY)
- Riverside Drive Apartment (1,600 SqFt Gut Renovation - New York, NY)
- Strategic Hospitality Group Office Design (New York, NY)
- Marquee NY Nightclub Space Planning & Concept (New York, NY)
- Alvarez Residence (3,400 SqFt New Construction - Bronx, NY)
- The Gavron (2,800 SqFt Restaurant Design - New York, NY)
- 125 Fifth Avenue (300 SqFt Lobby Design & Renovation - New York, NY)
- Brenner Residence (3,000 SqFt Addtion & Renovation - North Egremont, MA)
- Zen Weeds Golden Threads Showroom (500 SqFt Fashion Boutique - New York NY)
Sep 2010 - Jan 2014 (3 years 4 months)
Design and manage projects from conception through construction. Work with clients to identify project milestones and objectives, including cohesive design narratives and priorities for design, schedules and budgeting. Prepare designs, working drawings, cost estimates and initiates construction drawings, facilitating the development of design intent and feasibility. Lead and manage project teams to ensure project deliverables and milestones are adhered to and that project is delivered to a high level of detail and quality.
Recent projects I have worked on include:
- Lolli and Pops Flagship Store Design & Concept Development (California)
- Capital One 360 Cafe New Experience Concept & Design (Greater Boston Area)
- Call It Spring Concept Store & International Roll-out (Canada & United States)
- Aldo Concept Store @ IFC Mall (Hong Kong)
- The Art of Shaving - Beverly Hills Spa Flagship (Beverly Hills, CA)
- The Art of Shaving - Retail Rollout (USA + International)
AC Hocek Architecture
Apr 2010 - Sep 2010 (5 months)
Designed and Managed projects from concept through execution, including coordination with A/V, Lighting Consultants.
Coordinated millwork fabricators and reviewed all shop drawings & submitalls.
Performed Construction Management.
-"Behind the Screen" Exhibit @ The Museum of the Moving Image (9,000 SqFt renovation - Queens, NY)
-The Moving Picture Company (Conceptual Design for 8,500SqFt Office Headquarters - New York, NY)
Jee Won Kim Architects
Jun 2008 - Apr 2010 (1 year 10 months)
Served as Project Designer on a range of architecture & interior projects, regularly meeting with clients to review the status of projects.
Managed projects and oversaw staff in the production of design & construction documentation, reviewed submitalls and coordinated with consultants.
Produced Presentation Packets, 3D renderings and Material Palettes.
Created 3D Renderings and Design/Construction Drawings.
- Soho Loft (3,500 SqFt Gut Renovation - New York, NY)
- Meze Grill (2,500 SqFt Restaurant Design & Construction - New York, NY)
- M2 Ultra Lounge Bar Design (New York, NY)
- Stealth Restaurant/Lougne (20,000 SqFt Bar/Lounge/Restaurant New Construction - Clifton, NJ)
- Edlin Gallery (3,000 SqFt Gallery Design & Renovation - New York, NY)
Freelance Surveyer & Drafter
Aug 2007 - Sep 2008 (1 year 1 month)
Measured and drafted existing condition floor plans for Commercial Real Estate Calculations.
Real Data Management
Jun 2005 - Jan 2008 (2 years 7 months)
Surveyed Buildings in commercial real estate & residential real estate, performed REBNY & BOMA calculations, created Marketing Plans & CAD Backgrounds. Performed EAP surveys for building management and code compliance.
Developed CAD Standards and Procedures.
Trained New Staff to company standards and techniques.
Clients worked for include:
The Blackstone Group