FREELANCE 2D & 3D DESIGNER
New York, NY
2008 - Present (13 years)
Maintain relationships with clients, provide solutions through research, ideation and concept development, utilize hand rendering and sketching techniques to communicate design concepts, produce high-quality renderings, CAD drawings and deliver presentations. Provide graphic design conceptualization and production-ready print files. Communicate with vendors to produce final designs and supervise on-site installations.
• Supervised quality control of design installations, guaranteeing client satisfaction for large-scale corporate events.
• Constructed clear and organized presentations, conveying ideas and concepts to clients.
• Produced event site photo comps for RFP response, boosting agency presentation and leading to winning international client account.
CLIENTS: Czarnowski, Dos Lunas Tequila, Insight Title Company, Lionfish Design, Modology, Monaco Lange, Mosaic, Palumbo Associates, Premier Soccer Shop, SDN Conference, Space Design, The Mash Group, Zing + How
SENIOR EXHIBIT DESIGNER
2018 - 2020 (2 years)
Direct interaction with clients and sales, from discovery meetings through design presentation of trade show exhibits and corporate interiors. Communicates inspiration, concept development, design elements, and overall design to client. Creates designs that capture client requirements, adhere to budget, maximize profit, and exceeds client expectations.
CLIENTS: Ashai Kasei, California Walnuts, Fellowes Brands, Pulmuone Foods, PCA, Ocean Conservancy, Sun Valley, Xeikon
SENIOR CREATIVE DESIGNER, IN-STORE STRATEGY
2015 - 2017 (2 years)
Focused on strategy and in-store concept development. Designed store layouts, fixtures, interior architecture, concept shops, and whole box stores. Managed 3d designs from initial kick-off meetings through final design presentation.
• Led 3D design efforts to redesign and rebrand Kmart stores, increasing sales and improving profit margins.
• Developed new architectural and fixture standards for Kmart brand, providing consistency across all US stores.
• Elevated store environment by pushing design aesthetic, creating more inviting shopping experience.
• Produced innovative and strategic designs, enhancing consumer experience, and leading to customers making extra effort to express happiness with improved shopping experience.
CLIENTS: Kmart, Sears, Shop Your Way
3D EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
2012 - 2015 (3 years)
Developed, designed, and managed multiple projects from initial meetings with clients through final production. Responded to RFPs, created new concept designs, and updated existing client assets, in fast-paced environment. Directed and managed outside design contractors.
• Designed immersive, compelling, share-worthy experiences, creating brand champions through educating, entertaining, and engaging consumers.
• Collaborated with strategy and creative teams, developing environments consistent with brand identity, brand message, and achieving client goals for activation and implementation.
• Raised design production quality and maintained standards by establishing operations team and vendor relationships.
CLIENTS: Air National Guard, Bridgestone, Chase, Chobani, Hershey, IndyCar, Lego, Microsoft, Oral-B, Sony, Verizon
EXHIBIT & EVENT DESIGNER
2010 - 2011 (1 year)
Guided client meetings, brainstorming, concept development, and schematic design; generated photo-realistic renderings, client presentations, budgeting, and finalized production with fabrication team. Developed concepts through ideation, sketching, 3D modeling and rendering, and produced construction documentation.
• Engaged with clients from initial development through final production, increasing account retention.
• Created well-received large-scale corporate events and custom exhibit programs by collaborating with external marketing agencies, clients, account managers and internal fabricators to meet overall project objectives.
• Developed 20K sq. ft. interactive destination exhibit celebrating Grainger within 850-exhibitor event, reinforcing brand commitment to client success, and showcasing Grainger solutions to 17K+ suppliers, customers, and internal sellers.
CLIENTS: American Express, Amway, Coca-Cola, DEK, Eli Lilly, Grainger, Juno Lighting Group, Schneider Electric, UL
EXHIBIT & EVENT DESIGNER
New York, NY
2007 - 2008 (1 year)
Managed and developed designs for nationally televised LG Skins Game, LG Allergiene product line launch, and LG Floors exhibits. Collaborated with design team and account managers to develop and produce major product launches and tradeshow exhibits ranging from 10K to 25K sq. ft. Generated innovative ideas to display client products.
• Worked with LG Floors to create exhibits, showcasing new products, educating consumers, and increasing sales.
• Coordinated with clients, designers, account managers, detailers, and vendors, producing and ensuring captivating multimillion-dollar exhibits and events.
CLIENTS: Fuji Medical Films; LG Chem, Digital Appliances, Electronics, Floors, Mobile; Verizon
BRANDING ENVIRONMENTS DESIGNER - CONTRACT
New York, NY
2006 - 2007 (1 year)
Created solutions consistent with corporate brand management and brand identity guidelines for major retail and banking institutions. Collaborated with architects and modified architectural documents to ensure installation of branding elements.
• Partnered with design staff to develop brand strategies and create retail environment for Comex, establishing new retail stores and US market presence.
• Convinced city historic councils to grant permission to implement new branding packages for retail and banking chains by creating compelling visual presentations, and illustrating concepts.
• Conducted feasibility research, leading to development of world’s largest digital sign in Times Square.
CLIENTS: Bank of America, Comex, Johnson & Johnson, Walgreens
RETAIL FIXTURE 3D DESIGNER
New York, NY
2004 - 2006 (2 years)
Designed and monitored fixture roll-out for major US retailer to hundreds of locations. Created and improved installation documents. Concepted new fixtures and shop–in-shops for major US brands.
•Facilitated launch of nationwide fixture installation, guiding retailer redesign efforts.
•Created intranet stock resource library, increasing interoffice efficiencies and streamlining workflow.
•Elevated company presentation level by creating new appearance and layout standards.
•Improved instructional product documentation, easing installer use and understanding.
CLIENTS: Airwalk, Calvin Klein, Golfsmith, Lindt, M.A.C Cosmetics, Macy’s, Nike, Starbucks, Target,