Freelance 3d Artist
Jan 2000 - Present (21 years 9 months)
Sole-proprietorship specializing 3d graphics, lighting and rendering.
•One month sabbatical at Lux Populi lighting design firm (http://www.luxpopuli.com/) for consulting, ideas exchange, and learning.
•Created 3d art assets for a number of computer games.
•Created stills and animated artwork for commercial products.
May 2013 - Apr 2014 (11 months)
• Created environment lighting for Destiny, focusing on PvP arenas.
• Participated in daily play tests and leveraged feedback to refine PvP lighting design.
• Helped design environment lighting process and provided feedback on lighting tools.
Nov 2010 - Apr 2013 (2 years 5 months)
• CounterStrike: Global Offensive: Environment lighting, tone mapping and color correction. Modeled architecture, assisted with level design, managed asset creation.
• Chroma: Environment lighting, shader development and concept renderings.
3D World Builder (contract)
Feb 2010 - Oct 2010 (8 months)
• Ported Call of Duty: Black Ops Xbox 360 environments and lighting to Nintendo Wii.
• Developed process for translating HDR lighting values into LDR lighting.
• Spearheaded engine/tools documentation, creating a highly used wiki.
Lighting Artist (contract)
Sep 2008 - Sep 2009 (1 year)
• Environment lighting for Forza Motorsport 3, creating daylight and tunnel rigs.
• Managed render farm, computing tens of thousands of lightmaps per environment.
• Painted custom IBL images and created lighting composites for each environment.
• Documented lighting pipeline, assisted with lighting tools design.
Oct 2006 - Aug 2008 (1 year 10 months)
• Led teams that created 3d cinematics for architecture, transit, and urban design.
• Designed outdoor lighting rigs, created camera animation, managed rendering and
compositing of multi-layer cinematics.
3D Artist III
2003 - 2006 (3 years)
Several non-contiguous contracts for Turn 10/Microsoft.
• Created 3d environment models, textures and UVW unwraps for Forza Motorsport 1 & 2.