Introducing New Improvements to Member Profiles!
We've been talking with employers about ways to make it easier to find the best talent on Coroflot. Now we're excited to share them with you. All of these new profile features will make you and your work more visible to potential employers and people looking for the best creative talent.
Significant improvements to Member Profiles mean better connections between creative talent and opportunities. We made these improvements at the direct request of Coroflot clients who use the site to find freelance and full-time designers. Everyone should fill it out. We even made an easy to use page that tells you what you need to add. But first, read on to find out more details about why it's worth updating your profile and taking advantage of these new features.
Why use the new profile features? What can you do with them?
We are making the Coroflot profile the center of activity on the site. You may have noticed our soft-launch of communities at Coroflot. Or maybe you have seen our Sketch Jam (now passed) or Wanted Design Career Day for furniture industry professionals (still open!) These are all events that you can participate in if you have a talent profile.
Additionally, we are making a new search tool for employers. Initially, the pool of talent they will see is going to be drawn from Coroflot members who have joined our talent communities. The hundreds of companies using the site monthly to find talent will be given direct access during our beta phase starting next in June.
Eventually you will be able to use your profile to apply to design jobs directly on Coroflot, with a single click. All of this puts you in the driver seat when it comes to professional opportunities. Instead of constantly applying to jobs and waiting to hear back, employers can come to you and you can put your portfolio directly in front of them.
The best thing is that if you are already a Coroflot member your profile is almost complete - there are just a few new fields you'll need to fill in and you'll need to upload larger sizes of your avatar and sample images. It just takes a few minutes and you'll be good to go!
Here's how it works:
Step 1: Go complete your new Coroflot profile
Step 2: Join one of our Talent Communities
Step 3: Let the offers flow in and the fun with Coroflot events begin
4 major improvements to Coroflot profiles:
1. Upload big images! We are storing your avatar and sample images at 2x pixel density so they will look hot on denser displays like phones. These images are the first things employers see when they look at your profile.
2. We've gotten more specific with your "specialties", breaking them into three different things:
- role (and experience level): the title that best describes your primary professional role
- industries: markets or business fields that you have worked in
- skills: from hand-skills to software skills
3. Additional contact methods:
- expanded amount of links and social networks you can include
- added phone number and text messages
4. This last one is important! Availability status is back on Coroflot after a 5-year hiatus, so you can once again specify whether you are available for projects. We've also made this feature better in the following ways:
- available soon is now an option, and you can set a specific date when you will be free to work
- include your freelance rate
- choose what kind of work you are interested in getting offers on: freelance AND/OR full-time positions
- let employers know if you are up for remote work or are willing to relocate for a position
- include "alternative" types of work situations that are of interest to you: teaching, start-up co-founder etc!