Design & Development Manager
Jan 2019 - Present (2 years 6 months)
• Drive design & development on protective cases and accessories (molded and sewn) for the digital classroom
• Manage the design team and foster an innovative environment
• Collaborate with leading technology companies (Apple, Microsoft, etc.) on new product initiatives
• Travel to China 3-4x/yr to work with factories on test shots/samples and production approvals
• Perform thorough CAD analysis and tooling approvals in managing tooling schedules
• Responsible for managing highly competitive go-to-market timelines based on new device launches
• Lead monthly company-wide R&D meetings
BP Product Design
Jul 2010 - Present (11 years)
• Design consultant spanning markets with an emphasis on lifestyle soft goods, molded luggage, and cycling product.
Open to other inquiries.
Product Design & Development Manager
Jul 2015 - Nov 2018 (3 years 4 months)
• Created compelling lifestyle travel goods and accessories for Ricardo, Skyway, and other private label brands.
• Managed design processes from concept through production and into market.
• Developed strategic product maps through line plans, design briefs, and timelines.
• Traveled extensively in Asia to work with factories to develop product that ensured price, quality, and launch objectives were met.
• Coordinated cross-functional efforts to ensure synergy between sales, logistics, and marketing teams.
Jul 2014 - Jul 2015 (1 year)
• Responsible for >$30M of the company’s highest visibility projects
• Launched Pendleton licensed product for National Park Centennial celebration
• Extensive work in China on sourcing and pre-production
• Helped relocate the company and revamp organization and brand DNA
Junior Industrial Designer
Nov 2010 - Jul 2014 (3 years 8 months)
• Bag and pack designer for promotional and private label product
• Analyzed sales and competitive assortments to map out product line needs
• Ensured product met stringent target costs and margin objectives
• Monitored market and fashion trends and delivered sales presentations
• Traveled 2-4 times per year to Asia to work directly with sample room
• Utilized lean continuous improvement strategies to streamline work flows
The Dutch Bicycle CO.
May 2008 - Nov 2010 (2 years 6 months)
Designed a line of domestically manufactured bicycles and worked with local suppliers. Established the groundwork for an intern program with Wentworth Institute of Technology and helped to mentor junior designers. Helped the company transform its business from importation and distribution, to custom design and manufacturing.
Athlete + Consultant
May 2003 - Apr 2010 (6 years 11 months)
Competed as a professional level downhill mountain bike racer. Provided technical support at events to local and world class athletes alike. Assisted in product development, graphic and apparel design.
SMU Footwear Intern
Jan 2008 - May 2008 (4 months)
Worked on 'fast strike' footwear for key account requests. Collaborated with an international team in a fast paced environment. Responsible for trend research, color strategy, and material selection.