Digital Product Strategy & Design Leadership Consultant
Los Angeles, CA
Sep 2020 - Present (7 months)
- Contracted out to firm in the mortgage and financial services space providing digital product strategy and design leadership consultancy
- Responsible for defining the digital strategy and roadmap
- Leading the establishment of an internal customer-centric product design function including research, design, development, and user testing capabilities
VP, Product Design
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Jan 2019 - Jun 2020 (1 year 5 months)
- Spearheaded the development and implementation of a new digital learning strategy that resulted in incremental revenue of over $7M.
- Doubled the adoption rate of digital products compared to physical ones, saving the company millions of dollars in overhead and production costs.
- Partnered closely with Product, Engineering, and Marketing counterparts to establish design workflows and KPIs, positively impacting product quality and innovation.
Director, Digital Experience
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Aug 2016 - Jan 2019 (2 years 5 months)
- Built, developed, and oversaw a high-performing team of product designers, visual designers, learning experience designers, and design researchers.
- Led this multidisciplinary team of designers in creating D2C digital marketing, product and learning experiences.
- Forged the digital transformation of the 50-year-old professional association, evolving it from its legacy perception as solely a training organization to that of a lifestyle brand.
Associate Director, User Experience
Santa Monica, CA
Nov 2013 - Aug 2016 (2 years 9 months)
- Led the design of product experiences for high-profile brands across a range of verticals, including Red Bull, Dreamworks, Roku, and Guggenheim Partners.
- Evolved and modernized the UX for online dating platform JDate, allowing the company to deliver digital customer experiences aligned with its brand identity.
- Conceptualized a social engagement platform for Ferrari, leveraging gamification mechanics to engage fans throughout the Formula One season.
- Developed a creative content experience for A&E's History TV channel, allowing it to extend its brand presence and reach a younger demographic.
Lead User Experience Designer
Feb 2012 - Nov 2013 (1 year 9 months)
- Served as the client-facing UX lead, creating high-impact product experiences for global brands like Adidas, Motorola, HBO, Lonza, and Assurant.
- Researched content consumption and consumer viewing habits for HBO to conceptualize a socially enhanced viewing experience.
- Designed the consumer-facing web experience and data analytics dashboards for Motorola's MotoACTV fitness tracker, and the adidas miCoach Elite System training platform.
- Founded and chaired the Internet of Things (IoT) innovation group in the Isobar Boston office to drive continuous product innovation and improvement across the organization.
VP, Interaction Designer
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Oct 2010 - Feb 2012 (1 year 4 months)
- Acted as the lead user experience designer for the newly introduced Merrill Edge, a self-directed investment platform built for an emerging target market.
- Guided a team of interaction designers, creative designers, and developers to instill best practices, ensure alignment, and craft high-quality user experiences.
Principal Design Consultant
2002 - 2010 (8 years)
- Contracted out in a design consultant capacity on numerous projects for clients ranging from Internet start-ups to product and digital design agencies.
- Delivered physical product and software interface designs for various start-ups and clients ranging from Genzyme to iRobot.
- Provided services spanning design and user research, UX strategy, content strategy, creative and content design, interaction design, prototype development, web and mobile app development, and the creation of detailed design specifications for both physical and digital products.
User Interface Director
2006 - 2008 (2 years)
- Riding the wave of David Allen's Getting Things Done (GTD) time-management methodology, gubb.net was a digital startup that entered the competitive market of online list management in mid-2006
- Differentiating itself as a multi-modal digital list management tool, gubb applied pre-iPhone communications technologies such as text messaging, text-to-email and voice-to-text services
- Defined and led design vision including user research, brand strategy, UX/UI design and front-end web development
Lead Interaction Designer
2005 - 2007 (2 years)
- Led multiple projects for clients in industries ranging from health sciences to finance and eCommerce experience.
- Nurtured close client relationships in a technical lead role from client pitches to stakeholder interviews and design reviews.
- Awarded Webby and MITX awards for role as technical lead on MBTA.com re-design.
2003 - 2005 (2 years)
- Initial hire to early stage startup of acclaimed MIT cryptographer Ron Rivest (RSA Security)
- Led creative direction for both marketing collateral and platform’s user interface design
- Co-inventor of patent for payment processing and system design
London, United Kingdom
2000 - 2002 (2 years)
- Worked as user interface designer on design teams for clients including Legal & General and Thompsons Travel
London, United Kingdom
1998 - 2000 (2 years)
- Contracted as a user interface designer for companies including Reuters, Reed Business International, and Sony Music Entertainment