Senior Technical Designer
Los Alamitos, CA
Sep 2018 - Present (2 years 7 months)
• Senior Technical Designer for Lifestyle Golf Apparel Company.
• Manage Men's and Women's Technical Design
• Created a more efficient fit sample process, as needed for crossfunctional categories
• Managed to reduce the number of fit samples by styles significantly, from 4 to 1
• Create style-specific tech packs, specs and BOM's
• Review first proto, check-in specs, fit on live models and convey comments to factories on the first fit through bulk production from PPS to TOP
• Tech pack development for all Haus of Grey Labels including Matte Grey, Heather Grey, and Matte Black
• Coordinate, and conduct fit sessions with the various cross-functioning product lines and across multiple sizes
• Initial tech-pack for development using Illustrator, developing cads, developing specs create BOM using excel, for all categories that included polos, woven and knit jackets, woven bottoms, outerwear including full-fashioned sweaters, and update tech packs as needed throughout the design and development process.
• QC on shipments received from overseas vendors, full-size run, report findings to Creative Director/Owner
• Develop Company Catalogs using InDesign for all Haus of Grey Lines including Matte Grey, Heather Grey, and Matte Blvck.
• Collateral for Sales that included the design and layout for product displays, and layout for special accounts that included website hero pages, featured styles that were brand specific for that account.
• SMU for green grass accounts, that include special requests for embroidery, screen-prints, create line sheets, follow up with tech packs for SMU projects, that included polos, hats, screened tees, and other requested items.
• Update and maintain the company website (Shopify)
• Develop eBlasts and send out for company announcements that included the release of all new product, website sales, and company announcements regarding new product
Brand Design, Technical Design, and Design Consultant
Los Angeles, CA
Sep 2009 - Sep 2018 (9 years)
• Luna Jai Yoga - Catalog Layout, and Computer Illustrated Sketches
• GWG - Girls with Guns - Product Development, Catalog Layout
• Shaun White - for Target - Infant Toddler Design Development
• Gap and Old Navy: Design for various categories for Girls/Boys: Layette, Infant, and Toddler
• Sunset Brands: Skechers Backpack design and development for Twinkle Toes Brand
• LCA: Design Men & Boys Underwear and Loungewear
• Blue Tattoo: Men’s and Women’s Denim Design, Catalog, and Presentation
• Crystal Rock: Denim and Pocket Design, and Presentation Boards
Los Angeles, United States
Nov 2004 - Sep 2009 (4 years 10 months)
Work collaboratively with Creative Director and Designers on every aspect from initial development through production. Supervised, managed, and directed team members: including in-house graphic artists, assistant designers, and technical designers. Maintained WIP reports. Computer Illustrated sketches and input in excel format spec details, FIT garments, make comments by working with factories locally and overseas. Prepared seasonal catalog 4x per year. Prepared PowerPoint Presentation reflecting the inspiration of line 2x per year, the presentation was shown to all Buffalo Licensees and SalesForce to represent the line for the season. Follow up with initial Proto's through Pre-Production for all styles.
Designer For Kids Division
JNCO Jeans, Inc.
Los Angeles, CA
Mar 2002 - Nov 2004 (2 years 8 months)
Designer for Boys Infant - 8-20 Sportswear and Girls Infant - 4-16
Launched new lines for Children’s division for Young Men’s company. The focus of the division was to design and develop Sportswear separates for the mid-range market that sold at Mervyn’s, JcPenny, and Sears. All development was done overseas. Design separates, produce all BOM for tech packs, make corrections to tech packs as needed, communicate with overseas factories. Computer Illustrated sketches and input in excel format spec details, and all details pertaining to style being developed.
Designer for infant, Toddler and 4-6x Girls
Teaze of California
Santa Fe Springs, CA
Oct 1997 - Mar 2002 (4 years 5 months)
Sportswear Separates, Dresses & Coordinates for Girls
Designer for Infant, Toddler and 4-14 Sportswear: Private Label for Target, and Mervyn’s
Designer for 4-14 Sportswear Separates and Dresses for ‘Borderline’ Label
Merchandising Associate Designer
City of Industry, CA
Aug 1995 - Nov 1997 (2 years 3 months)
Sportswear Separates & Coordinates: Newborn, Infant and Toddler through 4-14: Merchandising Associate Designer for Girl’s Newborn & Infant Line ‘Love, Hugs & Kisses’ exclusive for Nordstroms, Bloomingdale's, and Macy’s
Merchandising Design Associate for Girl’s Newborn & Infant Line ‘L.A. Baby’ exclusive at Mervyn’s; Merchandising Design Associate for Girls Infant - 7-14 Sportswear exclusively at Mervyn’s