Creative and marketing design manager
Jul 2013 - Present (7 years 9 months)
I am now responsible for all design for future Sense brands including but not limited to:
-Marketing communications design (email, social media, website)
The Future Sense brands are:
GapGuru (I am re designing parts of this website at the moment) - gap year volunteering, internship and travel projects company (www.gapguru.com),
Inspire - career break volunteering and travel projects company (www.inspirevolunteer.co.uk),
Challenges Abroad - student volunteering, internship and travel projects company(www.challengesabroad.co.uk, www.challengesabroad.com.au)
The Future Sense Foundation - The Future Sense charity that funds all the community projects abroad. (http://www.futuresensefoundation.org)
Also see example emails at following links:
Apr 2013 - Jun 2013 (2 months)
I had a three month internship at Future Sense. Future Sense are a company who run three volunteering abroad travel brands for different age groups and a charity. I was given responsibility for all online marketing channels for the Future Sense brands: GapGuru, Inspire. I was also responsible for some Challenges Abroad and Challenges Abroad Australia and Canada marketing.
I successfully looked after:
-All graphic design and creative input including marketing graphical content, web page redesigns and new brochure designs and more.
-Weekly e-mail marketing and e-mail list upkeep. (Here is an example: http://bit.ly/13SnUml)
-Daily social media marketing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest - driving traffic to the website. (Example: https://www.facebook.com/GapGuru?fref=ts) On average my activity drove about 1000 people to the website per month.
-SEO and third party website listings management.
At the end of the internship we decided that my best input was in design and creative so I would take the lead on this role in the future.
Nov 2011 - Mar 2013 (1 year 4 months)
Manager of the UK Flagship store for the brand OnePiece www.onepiece.co.uk. Located in the award winning Boxpark retail centre www.boxpark.co.uk. OnePiece is the market leader and forefront brand in onepieces worldwide and is the reason for the huge rise in popularity onepiece suits have seen over recent years.
The role I have played for this young successful brand is to run and operate the flagship store to record sales, topping the Boxpark sales rankings (against brands like Nike, Vans and Diesel).
- I motivate and inspire the excellent staff team that I have hired.
- I organise creative and innovative sales strategies and publicise them through social media campaigns.
- In the store I encourage the staff to interact with customers and fans over social media to build the brand and relationships with customers.
- I create procedures to keep the staff busy during the day and to ensure the store is in top working order at all times.
- Whilst I was here I came up with some marketing Ideas. Here is one example to be run in Westfields shopping centre: https://vimeo.com/68328646
Business development consultant
Feb 2011 - Nov 2011 (9 months)
Currently I am working as a new business development consultant for marketing and production agencies. Liaising regularly with client agencies and working in collaboration with them I create and develop new business strategies, which I then put into practise.
- I have successfully organised new business meetings and created relationships for agencies with big brands like Kia, Barclaycard and Marks and Spencer which my clients have been very pleased with.
- Working with marketing agencies has given me fantastic insights into advertising, marketing, branding and business, as well as a great grounding in selling the services of my clients.
- I have worked with some great agencies like:
o The Gild (Brand Strategy and Innovation, part of Exposure)
o M-Works (Momentums through the line communications conflict agency, part of McCann Worldgroup)
o Watermill (Bertie Miller and Dave Waters through the line agency)
Production houses like:
o Bradley TV
New media agencies like:
o B@TV (online streaming agency – Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange)
I built up great relationships with these agencies and gained a great deal of knowledge into how an agency works and how to hold relationships with agency and brand staff.
2006 - 2011 (5 years)
Promotions work throughout university
I worked for several Promotions agencies including: Sense, Engage, MG Promotions and Executional. I was team leader for small groups of promotions staff for various campaigns.
- Developed management skills.
East African Playgrounds (EAP)
Sep 2009 - Oct 2010 (1 year 1 month)
As my final year university client based design project at Loughborough I approached and worked with the charity EAP. I was briefed to design new educational play equipment to construct and install in East African locations.
- Developed my commercial skills as a designer with sole responsibilities in creating the product the client desired.
- Developed my interpersonal skills, working with a team of English and African personnel
- Organisational skills were enhanced by involvement with logistics and supply.
Online Marketing and Product Design
Technology Solutions Ltd.
Aug 2008 - Jul 2009 (11 months)
I was responsible for the companies online marketing from website layout and strategy, SEO and PPC to Graphic design and interface (www.tsl.uk.com). I was also responsible for the in house product design working closely with a design agency.
- Developed knowledge in graphics and publishing for commercial web design using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Indesign and Microsoft expression. I developed my Pro Engineer Wildfire (Computer Aided Design) skills and gained an understanding of HTML coding.