May 2018 - Present (3 years)
Aug 2017 - Present (3 years 9 months)
Teach DES 326 Studio Course 'Objects & Spaces'
Owner / Independent Designer
May 2006 - Present (15 years)
Studioefra is an independent workshop that focuses on the creation, development, and architecture of new products and environments.
Emphasis is placed on craft, simplicity, and social interaction. Work promotes, interpersonal exchange and an appreciation for the Good Life, Good Eating, Music, and Art.
- Collaborate with other fun, creative, and independent professionals to achieve excellence in Design, and innovation.
- Self-initiate the independent creation, development, production, patenting, and licensing of award winning products.
- Exhibit in venues such as the Salone del Mobile in Milan Italy as both an independent Designer, and invited Collaborator of the Grupo Laboratorio Experimental de Diseño [www.g-led.es], a Designer’s Collective based out of Mexico, Italy, and Spain.
- Participate and lead in award winning Academic and Professional Design and Architecture competitions.
Sep 2017 - May 2018 (8 months)
Founded in 2011, Office for Local Architecture (OLA) is an Austin-based practice with a focus on sustainable design. Conceived as a collaborative of architects, designers and sustainability specialists, OLA draws on the collective skills of its team to provide project specific strategies integrating clients’ design objectives and sustainability goals.
OLA, a small agile firm, is equally passionate about architectural integrity of design and integration of sustainable design practices.
OLA is a member of the AIA, USGBC, Austin Energy Green Building Program and a City of Austin WMBE and Texas HUB certified firm.
Sep 2011 - Dec 2017 (6 years 3 months)
Landscape Forms, is the industry leader in integrated collections of high-design site furniture and advanced LED lighting. Since its founding in 1969 Landscape Forms has earned a reputation for excellent design, high quality products and exceptional service. The Landscape Forms U.S. headquarters and manufacturing facility is located in Kalamazoo, Michigan with sales offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Southern Europe, the United Arab Emirates and Asia. Landscape Forms collaborates with renowned industrial designers and consultancies, landscape architects, and architects to design and develop integrated collections of products that address emerging needs and help create a sense of place. The company has an installed base of products around the world. Clients include municipalities, transit centers, corporate, college and health care campuses; and familiar brand leaders such as Boeing, Cisco Systems, Disney, Sprint, American Airlines, Herman Miller and Nike. Landscape Forms was recently named by the Wall Street Journal as one of the Top 15 Small Workplaces in the US.
-Work closely with design partners, including Architects, Landscape Architects, and Designers who are acknowledged stars in their field, by establishing close working relationships with them, editing their concepts, and managing design development of new products.
- Responsible for working directly with engineering, marketing, and manufacturing teams to prepare new products for launch.
-Report directly to the Design & Marketing Vice-President, in all Design matters related to company business.
-Collaborate with Executive group in the development, of new product briefs, intellectual property protection, In-house product design, and social media communications.
-Actively participate in the search and selection of new Design and international manufacturing partners.
Project Architect / Lead Designer
Dec 2008 - Sep 2011 (2 years 9 months)
Sunland Group's mission is to provide design and construction services of unsurpassed quality, value and functionality to the commercial, institutional, and government entities in the United States and Abroad.
- Responsible for the architectural design, production, and related business development opportunities of projects in the office.
- Collaborated regularly with various consultant disciplines throughout schematic, design development, construction documentation, and administration phases of projects to ensure design intent, owner’s program, schedule, and budget
- Reported as consultant during Value Engineering studies and proposed architectural design alternatives to projects
- Administrated BIM project models throughout design development, construction documentation, and administration phases.
- Coordinated LEED documentation process through all phases of Design
Jun 2006 - Jun 2008 (2 years)
HDR is an employee-owned architectural, engineering and consulting firm that helps clients manage complex projects and make sound decisions.
As a project designer I was closely involved with not only Architectural projects but also award winning product design development for the healthcare industry, collaborating with manufacturers such as Nurture (by Steelcase), David Edward, and Peter Pepper Products.
Renzo Piano Building Workshop
Jan 2005 - Aug 2005 (7 months)
Internationally recognized Architectural Design firm with offices in Paris, France, and Genoa, Italy.
Cotera + Reed Architects
Aug 2004 - Dec 2004 (4 months)
Architecture & Construction Intern
Marriott Vacation Club International
May 2004 - Aug 2004 (3 months)
Industrial Design Intern
May 2002 - Aug 2002 (3 months)
Industrial Design Intern
Jan 2002 - May 2002 (4 months)