I’m a seasoned designer, artworker, and desktop publisher. I’m expert in Adobe, Microsoft Office, Corel, and Quark applications and the third-party plugins associated with the software.
I have worn other shoes in my career — administrator, bookkeeper, draughtsman, printer, and labourer. As a result, I have unique abilities to manage, stand-in, and produce multi-disciplinary projects. I can easily navigate because I know my way around especially on complex challenges. Moreover, actual experiences taught me that my professional aptitude steams from the following:
• I have inherited my innate drawing skills from my dad who taught me how to paint and mix colours;
• I have been designing since my secondary school; a full-time illustrator in my university days;
• I worked with graphics in different countries;
• I am a linguist of print, web, design, and draughting. I speak fluent geek, web jargon, desktop publishing terms, proofreading marks, engineering terminology, and layman’s terms; understanding people means fewer missteps, slight slip-ups can cost time and money;
• Lots of people have big and better ideas; execution is what matters, I do the action (opinions without action is fruitless);
• I studied engineering drawing and I have draughted plans & elevations, construction & structural details, maps, packages, moulds, and containers;
• I love Mathematics, it has always been my guiding principle in analysis, problem solving, evaluation, and IT skills;
• I really don’t care who gets the credit, I just want to help and win;
• I am the unruffled one.
When I’m not designing, you’ll find me at the park with my trainers or on the road gasping for air. I love jazz and acoustic guitar music and caffeine. I find tranquility in music — but if I nailed a project successfully, you’ll see me singing guitar riffs, doing air drumming, headbanging, and moshing! Inspiration always hits me after a cup of coffee. I’m also fascinated with computers; it is almost human, except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer… can’t wait for quantum computers though, then it will be okay for you to say, “C’mon, it only takes a minute to do it.” Most of all, I’ve learned that good techniques don’t produce better quality products and services – people do, people who care, people who are treated as creatively contributing individuals.
© 2016 Emmanuel Torres. All rights reserved.
Featured in the November 2015 issue of the British Patchwork & Quilting magazine, page15
Creatively designed PowerPoint presentations and bid proposals with stunning graphics for Bechtel nuclear proposals in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and won the bids in US Department of Energy and awarded Bechtel the management/operation of BWXT Pantex Plant, Y-12 National Security Complex, and Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository in USA; awarded cash and certificate as employee of year (2000)
Name published on engineering drawings of Saudi Aramco’s Drawing Archives for the design and drafting services rendered between 1989 until 1993 to key facilities of Saudi Aramco Industrial Services
Name credited in documentary books: “In Performance” by Rudy Vidad & Doreen Fernandez and “The Philippine Beer Book” by Luning Bonifacio Ira; credits also appeared on the first poster of Experimental Cinema of the Philippines’ Short Film Annual Competition (1982)
Freemasons (Pittsburg Lodge #429), Ben Ali Shriners, San Francisco Scottish Rite, Sacramento York Rite, DeMolay International (Jose Abad Santos)