Designer - adidas Innovation Team
Jun 2009 - Present (12 years 4 months)
• Design footwear concepts for basketball, track and field, training, American football, volleyball, handball and soccer categories for the adidas innovation team.
• Develop solutions that meet athletes’ needs using a nonlinear, creative, problem solving process infused with deep user understanding.
• Work with professional athletes, college athletes and trainers to understand their needs and performance requirements.
• Coordinate with and translate input from engineers (e.g. finite element analysis) and biomechanists (e.g. athlete movement analysis) into tangible designs.
• Work closely with vendors on material exploration and manufacturers to meet the product’s performance requirements using new construction methods and technology.
• Work with wear testing and athlete services on the testing and validation of all performance characteristics from early prototypes to final confirmation.
• Responsible for consumer-centric and trend research, ideation sketches, concept renderings, rapid prototyping, concept validation, and delivery of highly detailed technical drawings.
Footwear Design Intern
Jun 2008 - Aug 2008 (2 months)
• Designed in-line, special make-up and conceptual footwear projects for the Basketball Performance group.
• Developed detailed technical drawings for manufacturing.
Freelance Footwear Designer
2006 - 2007 (1 year)
• Designed high performance footwear for the tennis and strength training market, and lifestyle and casual footwear for the American, Asian and European markets.
• Developed detailed technical packages and blueprint drawings for manufacturing.
• Produced 3D files used for rapid prototyping and production models.
Art Center College of Design
2006 - 2007 (1 year)
2003 - 2004 (1 year)
• Spearheaded the complete redesign of the lead distribution program from conception to completion focusing on improving usability and adding new functionality which resulted in a 120% increase in monthly user participation.
• Managed the day-to-day operations of a web-based lead distribution program used by 3000+ users.
Project Manager/Usability Specialist
Northstar Interactive Research
Dec 1999 - Dec 2000 (1 year)
• Managed online and offline marketing research projects for Fortune 500 clients that specialized in strategic analysis, branding issues, concept testing, usability studies and website and product testing.