Chief Designer / Founder
Nov 1997 - Present (23 years 6 months)
CHIEF DESIGNER & DIRECTOR
Open Eye Design, Inc. – 1997 to current
Award winning design company offering creative design, branding and marketing services to small and medium size companies ranging from $10 to $100 million in revenue.
Organizational leader - directing corporate vision, overseeing finance, human resources, creative department, and sales. Hands-on direction of creative and branding image for both web and print related projects.
Creative Direction & Design
• Directed creative path for design, branding, and production of all client projects.
• Maintained and managed creativity and objectives for projects and campaigns. Performed hands-on design from start to finish, and guided multiple designers with creative direction.
• Mapping out creative strategies for: digital user journeys, digital user interface, website and app designs, wireframes, sitemaps, branding and marketing.
• Driving force behind company, building it from a DBA business to an incorporated design firm working for clients with revenues of $100+ million.
• Significantly improved design productivity and business efficiency by spearheading the development and implementation of procedures, tools and processes.
• Oversight of day-to-day operations of the design team.
Sales & Marketing
• Built brand and image recognition for clients by designing marketing materials such as advertising pieces, marketing collateral, websites, email marketing, web based mobile apps, presentations and sales content.
• Met and exceeded client retention rate by diligently managing accounts and liaising with clients.
• Achieved strong and sustainable gains by presenting company highlights to new and prospective clients.
Chief Designer / Creative Executive
Orange County, CA
Mar 2009 - Feb 2010 (11 months)
Breviti is an award-winning branding agency providing marketing strategy and implementation, web and interactive design, advertising, direct response and high-end brand development.
Provided strategy and ideation for all client work and for the company’s external marketing.
• Creative direction and design on branding for companies within the home building market, construction business and legal/ethics industry.
• Design and programming on websites and interactive presentations using Flash, HTML and CSS.
• Project management and overseeing designers and programmers for multiple web based projects.
Associate Creative Director
Fountain Valley, CA
Nov 2008 - Mar 2009 (4 months)
ES3 is an oasis for those who think differently and dare to challenge the conventional. It’s a place where great ideas evolve and explode with unmatched creativity — culminating in cutting-edge marketing; business communications and interactive programs that change the way people think, learn, perform and react.
Associate creative director and designer for web projects and printed material for the automotive industry.
• Led the creative direction and design for Toyota’s 2010 vehicle printed guide and online interactive PDF catalog.
• Creative direction, management and design for interactive Flash websites, registration kiosks design, event graphics and marketing collateral for KIA Motors’ launch of the 2010 Soul.
• Worked in teams along side designers, account managers, video producers and copy writing professionals.
• Ideation and development of proposals for client work. Presentation of artwork and strategy to es3 clients, Toyota and KIA Motors.
Senior Art Director
Apr 2005 - Nov 2008 (3 years 7 months)
Evolve Media is passionate about the communicative power of design. Assembled with uniquely diverse talent, they develop interactive and print communications for a wide variety of clients, often in partnership with some of the largest B2B and B2C brands in the world.
Art direction, management, graphic design, Flash design, website design and programming on several projects for clients such as, American Racing, Bosley and Shimano.
• Worked in teams along side the creative director. Supervised the design and development for multiple projects, including websites, e-marketing campaigns and Flash websites.
• Established client relations through project management, presentation of artwork/ideas and proposal development and delivery.
• Took projects from start to finish, including designing and programming finished web sites containing HTML, CSS, Flash and ActionScript.
• Designed logos and multiple page brochures. Oversaw print production.
• Designed and helped develop procedures for the company’s ancillary business tools such as websites for E-Marketing, Search Engine Optimization and site hosting.