Director of 3D Design & Manufacturing Innovation
Jan 2010 - Oct 2018 (8 years 9 months)
Utilized advanced manufacturing concepts, additive and subtractive manufacturing, supply chains, and product invention to design and engineer performance-based products in footwear, apparel, outdoor, and accessories. Innovated manufacturing methodologies to incubate footwear offerings that meet consumer needs. Developed new manufacturing technologies in alignment with business goals. Built world class advanced engineering, fabrication, and design teams, providing hands-on mentoring to perform at their highest potential, and leveraged workflow to achieve goals. Served as the subject matter expert for additive manufacturing and advanced 3D lattice modeling. Identified strategic opportunities, set direction, and built inline roll out calendars with project managers for all operating plans. Provided interactive support for high profile talent, professional athletes, musicians, executives, and actors. Nurtured strong, long-term relationships with domestic and international manufacturers.
• Designed, planned, and managed construction of state of the art Innovation Factory called “Lighthouse”.
• Collaborated on the launch of the “Futurist 3D Printed training shoe” in 2017 that sold out in 15 minutes.
• Utilized expertise to collaborate on top products: Custom Concepts with Tom Brady edition; MLB All-Star Game and Home Run Derby for Bryce Harper edition; and NFL Football Hall Fame Ray Lewis edition; as well as the UA Architech USA- MP for Michael Phelps final Summer Olympics, a limited pair run.
• Created a range of materials for Additive Manufacturing technologies, with a targeted focus on mechanical cushioning midsoles. *patents issued
• Developed innovative 3D Printed light-weight lattice structure designs/ topology, used for mechanical cushioning structures within a footwear applications. *multiple patents issued
• Utilized expertise to leverage Under Armour as the leading brand within the additive footwear manufacturing space.
Sr. Manager, Innovation
Under Armour Inc.
Feb 2014 - May 2016 (2 years 3 months)
Built custom working prototypes using subtractive and additive manufacturing techniques.
• Developed a complete footwear additive manufacturing supply chain, allowing for the commercialization of 3D Printed Footwear.
• Initiated the development of full length 3D Printed footwear and identified optimal materials for 3D Printed footwear. First to bring elastomeric to the SLS 3D Printed platform.
• First to launch the world’s first 3D Printed Training shoe to retail market, “UA Architech” March 2016 sold out in 14 minutes! Video: https://youtu.be/oMaEy52LCA8
Innovation Design Manager
Jan 2011 - Feb 2014 (3 years 1 month)
Designed a state of the art innovation design center, and developed projects relationships with multiple regions across the globe, including North America, Asia, Europe, and the UK
• Established a 3D Printed service bureau center focused on footwear and accessories.
• Designed, engineered, and developed motion tracking markers for full body suit. *Patent issued
• Engineered, designed, and discovered partnership with Mag-Zip, the manufacturer of a magnetic zipper bottom stop, for a one hand zipper assist. Product launched 2014 @ 800k units and over 2 million units the second year. Video: https://youtu.be/vZo36yh41bw
• Partnered with University of Maryland wind tunnel group and Lockheed Martin to develop Winter Olympic Speed Skating suits in 2014.
Under Armour Inc.
Jan 2010 - Jan 2011 (1 year)
Deep dive into footwear manufacturing across Asia to identify key opportunities for manufacturing innovations.
• Designed and developed Comp-Fit, a proprioceptive ankle wrap, integrated into basketball footwear. *Patent issued
• Developed Armour-39 (heart rate monitor) launched at an NFL combine.