May 2014 - Present (7 years 6 months)
Core Business Support - Lead designer of Consumer Electronics & Security Packaging
- Contribute to and lead phases of design activity in support of the key initiatives for all North American CE accounts
- Understanding all facets of business to bring design from concepts to commercialization
- Consistently communicate with senior leadership team regarding high value at stake opportunities.
- Work directly with account managers, marketing managers, project managers, and customers to thoroughly understand and complete design requests that meet or exceed expectations.
- Workflow management; ensure design requests receive the necessary level, quality, and timeliness of design support to succeed in business objectives; coaching, teaching, mentoring, delegation, and design resource tracking.
- Managed a small team of designers on a 60+ SKU project; overcoming resource limitations, personality conflicts, and communication breakdowns to successfully complete all designs in less than a month.
Secondary Business Support - Pepsico and Dr Pepper Snapple Group accounts
- Facilitate productive ideation session with presentation material such as visual inspiration and brand background information.
- Participated and contribute to the overall design process from initial design ideation, concepts filtration, to categorization, finalization, and customer presentation preparation.
- Selling Creative; effectively communicate design features, functionality of concepts, benefits of designs, and linkage to brand or brief through creation of visual design materials
- Customer presentation with leveraged marketing analytic data and consumer insights; story building behind solutions; light of brand engagement
- Pepsi China customer engagement support; visual material and consumer insights preparation
Associate Industrial Designer
Oct 2011 - Present (9 years 6 months)
- Support products and packaging activities from concept sketches to product/packaging completion.
- Contribute to design execution and deliverable include: design research, creative problem solving, rapid prototyping, and internal/external visual communication material development.
- Successfully carried a 100+ SKU project of multiple product lines from sketch to shelf with five consolidated structures to achieve consistent brand image and minimize packaging cost.
- Responsible of the security carton design for Wal-Mart store trial. Resulted a re-order of doubled quantity within the trial period.
- Global perspective experience: Work closely with sales representatives, commercial team lead, and technical service specialist in different regions such as Asia, North America, and Europe.
Sep 2010 - May 2011 (8 months)
Chapter logo design, event poster design, flyer design, IDSA calendar design
2007 - May 2011 (3 years 6 months)
Multitasking while providing networking, software, and digital print output support to College of Architecture students and faculty under demanding deadlines.