Senior Manager of Copy
Jan 2013 - Present (8 years 7 months)
Develop and maintain a consistent corporate brand reflected in all communications and materials. Ensure consistent conceptualization and reflection of the OfficeMax brand in all activities. Write copy for high-level assignments and provide guidance to the copywriting team in the creation and production of various media.
• Work closely with marketing partners, VPs and design managers to produce high-quality creative for a variety of projects: direct mail, retail signage, brochures, video and radio scripts, social media and more.
• Direct and write the voice for the entire brand
• Present creative work in meetings
• Conceptualize, design and produce visually appealing, marketing-focused retail and B2B communications
• Direct and supervise creativity from concept through production, including client and legal reviews
• Manage and monitor project budgets
• Recruit, manage and develop staff of senior writers
Senior Copywriter, Brand Strategy
Jan 2012 - Jan 2013 (1 year)
• Created innovative copy for a variety of concepts including online media placements, email marketing campaigns, consumer print and collateral materials that elevated the OfficeMax brand.
• Managed multiple concurrent projects, ensuring that deliverables were achieved on time while maintaining the highest standards of quality and creativity.
• Collaborated with designers on high-level projects for retail and B2B projects.
Nov 2007 - Dec 2011 (4 years 1 month)
• Wrote creative copy for catalogs, web sites, advertising (including SEO and HTML emails), and collateral materials that supported the marketing strategies for a business unit supporting active play for young children.
• Created and continually updated a copy style guide.
• Proactively managed schedule and workload while meeting all deadlines
• Reviewed, corrected and maintained web site database for accuracy and consistency
• Supervised interns and freelancers; trained new staff.
Sep 2006 - Sep 2007 (1 year)
• Supervised the copywriting and proofreading of print advertising and other collateral as well as the overall advertising brand communications
• Reviewed and monitored work assignments to maintain production schedules and workflow requirements.
• Oversaw the production of 7,500+ catalog pages per year.
May 2001 - Sep 2006 (5 years 4 months)
• Generated copy for Business-to-Business office products catalogs for large, medium and small marketing segments.
• Served as creative point-person for multiple projects—catalog covers, email campaigns, collateral pieces and other special projects for all marketing segments.
• Selected by area managers to represent department on task force of peers to improve the workflow process.
• Trained freelance and full-time Copywriters and Proofreaders.
McMaster-Carr Supply Company
Mar 1999 - May 2001 (2 years 2 months)
• Edited technical copy of a 3,000+ page industrial products catalog for content, punctuation and grammar.
• Worked with writers to develop dynamic, readable copy while not compromising the integrity of the product.
• Verified critical specifications of products.
Catholic Conference of Illinois
Aug 1996 - Mar 1999 (2 years 7 months)
• Prepared synopses of legislative bills presented in the Illinois House of Representatives and Illinois Senate.
• Acted as a liaison between Executive Director and federal/state legislators, Catholic bishops and Archbishop of Chicago
• Generated and edited pamphlets, brochures and statements for distribution.